• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

3-Ring Binder and Other Hard Copies

Another thing that I think would be beneficial to have in the binder is an inventory of survival items and their location.

Example: Qty (1) old style camping coffee pot with 100 filters located in the barn.

Kindles are a great option to store PDF files.

I have an old, pre-Paperwhite that will last for weeks on a charge in use, or months if it's idle. It can be recharged in a few hours using a small, folding solar panel setup I use for other stuff as well.

Even if it's stone cold dead the memory is non-volatile (like a USB stick) so when you power it up again nothing is lost.

In a different note...

Backwoods Home is also having a sale right now on a USB stick with all 24 years of their Anthologies. I bought these in book form a few years back and this is a great way to keep a backup copy.

Here's the link

IMHO it's a good idea to have multiple ways of making sure one has water that is suitable for drinking.

I think a life straw is one good choice.

I think bleach also has its place.

Anyway, this thread was intended to get ideas about what survival hacks, etc. would be good to have on hard copy just in case.

What do you recommend?
Living in the country 50 years is what I would recommend. You'll have run across most everything.

This book is outstanding. It is a large book almost 700 pages and deals with all kind of health issues ranging from heart attacks to snake bites to blunt trauma to gun shot wounds. A great reference for when no medic is around or coming.

1635353820239.png

If you're printing-out and saving stuff you found online, or your own instructions you printed off your computer printer, betware of disappearing ink. I hear that the new environmentally-friendly inks they are selling these days will fade badly after several years.

I haven't experienced that myself, yet, but I run an older printer that may use an older-formulation of ink that was made when performance mattered, not catering to the loony left environmentalist wackos.
P.S. When it comes to store receipts, YES, I have seen the ink just fade away to become unreadable in as little as 6 monhts.

Thermal prints will fade over time. If you have a decent laser printer that should be good for a while.

You are more likely to have issues with the paper, since it's more prone to disintegrating over long periods of time unless it's meant to be archival.

Bought mine from Harbour Freight. My dad fell in love with it so I gave it to him and bought another one. It has a section on knots and there uses that is nice. This book fits in your pocket but you may need a magnifying glass to read if you have bad eyes.

Get 864 pages of charts, tables, conversions, constants, facts and figures on everything you'd want to know with this pocket reference guide.

View attachment 3607545
This thing is amazing. When you said it had a lot of information I still severely underestimated the amount of information in this thing, lol.

Back
Top Bottom