Welcome to The Outdoors Trader

Register Now
  1. 10 Year Anniversary Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 1, 2021 - Click here for tickets and click here for info!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to The Outdoors Trader! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  3. Featured Listings are working again! Feature your listing on every page for $3 a day! Click here for all the info.
    Dismiss Notice

3 strategies redux

Thread in 'Finance / Investing' started by chucklenut, Jan 30, 2019.

1. chucklenut

chucklenut The Hen that laid the Golden Legos

Rating
    100%
    below is my original posting with a few redactions.at the end of each month ill post my findings.

also, there was some flak from a few bastards regarding the microtech logo; to clarify i was unaware they would arrive with the logo on them, i purchased these because of the durability and fun factor and cost. luckily the free market prevails, to resolve any copyright or patent issues i simply have been selling these minus the box and have removed the logo from the knive with a dremel tool (**** is easy) so they are now sold as steralized :) capitalism at its finest my friends.

2. chucklenut

Rating
    100%
    ill post screenshots later but so far this is what ive "earned"

1) my 4 week tbill was revinested a few days ago. interest rate is roughly 2.3%, divide that by 12 and for lending the government $1000.00 of your money, you get a return of *drumroll* $1.83

2)my duke energy stock has been about the same, no divident payments made yet but the stock as of today has a slight uptick, bringing my $1000 investment to $1004.52 (doing better than the tbill)

3)i have sold quite a few knives mostly to coworkers and friends. ive been charging the base 15 dollar rate; if i was motivated by profits i should have sold these for 20 each (they go pretty quick). capitalone.com account is now at +382 dollars. still a long way to go till they are all sold and i can see how well i did

so far im not rich!! who knew lol

3. titan2k10

titan2k10 ODT Junkie!

Rating
    100%
    Why don't you just take your $3k and put it in an S&P 500 fund?

land_surveyor and chucklenut like this.
  4. chucklenut

Rating
    100%
    i could have but thats kinda what the duke energy stock is representing

purpose of this wasnt for me to make money so much as to show other people the best investment strategies available and what to expect

that beng said, its month 3, my duke energy stock is hovering around 89 bucks which means on my 1000 dollar investment i have cleared 50 bucks in earnings (no dividend payout yet).

i have sold all the knock off OTF knives at this point. i should have sold them for higher but i was using this method as a control....turns out the control moved alot faster than i thought lol

as for the 4 week tbill repeating, to date i think ive earned maybe 3 dollars total in my pocket from the 1K investment lol

so thats the update. the 4 week tbill is going to go for another 10 or 9 investments, the duke energy stock is staying strong and i need to order more knives and forget selling at cost haha

5. chucklenut

Rating
    100%
    update. treasury direct tbill repeating is still earning between 2.2 and 2.7%. would have preferred at this point to put it in my savings account and leave it at that. although the savngs bonds i purchased between january and april earn 2.83% and are nice. new interest rate on savings bond (series I) is only 1.9% so bugger that for the time being

sold out of my OTF knives basically. i decided to go ahead and order another 100 just for the fun of it. people seem to really like them and i enjoy selling them so ill keep at it even though it only makes me a few bucks

duke energy is going well i suppose. has rised to as high as 92 bucks per share and i bought it around 83/84 i think. earned basically 10 bucks so far on it via divdend payments lol so its an ok slow earner

coldburr and slacker1972 like this.
  6. titan2k10

titan2k10 ODT Junkie!

Rating
    100%
    A single stock is no where near representative of the S&P 500. You would be ahead of all if you had put it in a low cost index fund..

7. Psilloh1

Psilloh1 The Hen that laid the Golden Legos

Rating
    100%
    Boring....

fast306stang and chucklenut like this.
  8. chucklenut

Rating
    100%
    meh, its a slow earner drip account. thats why i picked it. the 3K wasnt so much to make as much money as possible as it was to run a fun experiment and familiarize myself and other users with different investment vehicles/options

more for the lulz

9. chucklenut

Rating
    100%
    so for those interested, lol the rotating tbill is now paying out 1.59%

lol that sucks. ****ing treasury is ****ting out low interest rates for sure

yall hang on, this economic ride is about to get real ****ty lol

10. BLIP

BLIP STOCKS REFINISHED Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    99.7%
    Tell me about the knife....

chucklenut likes this.