• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.30-06 loads

sambo77

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
141   0
Reaction score
Have any of y'all used nosler 150 grain ballistic tip bullets on y'alls reloads? I bought a box to try out, gonna be using winchester 760 powder. I am gonna be using these for hunting, I've read they are all around good bullets but fall apart and don't get equal penetration or tissue damage as a hornady sst but I'd rather hear what y'all gave to say other than on sales websites in the review section.

The only input I can give is based on the 150 gr that I loaded in 7mm Rem Mag. Several whitetails were dropped in their tracks when hit with them. In every case, the bullet went through and left a very nasty exit.

The only input I can give is based on the 150 gr that I loaded in 7mm Rem Mag. Several whitetails were dropped in their tracks when hit with them. In every case, the bullet went through and left a very nasty exit.
thanks for your input, I had my mind on hornady sst but decided to get these to try out because they were a little cheaper (lower amount of bullets in box) and after reading some reviews I was thinking I messed up, gonna load 50 up tomorrow, do accuracy test soon after.

I do have some 150 grains loaded in 30/06 for my Garand. But I haven't tried them out on anything. But on paper, they group very well.

IMG_1535.JPG

over the years several of the Nosler BT have been changed to toughen them up. 7mm is one as well as the 30 cal...

load them and enjoy killing deer..

EVERY DEER IVE SHOT WITH A NOSLER BALLISTIC TIP DROPPED DEAD IN ITS TRACKS. LOAD THEM IN 270, 257 ROBERTS, 308 AND 3006 ! GREAT BULLET AND 760 WINCHESTER POWDER DOES WELL IN THEM.

I loaded a bunch for a buddy at near max (his idea) using 4350 (I think). He showed me pics of the entry and exit wound. Entry was normal, exit looked like a grenade went off. Deer was dead right there. Ended up pulling the bullets and redoing with a lighter load. He states that still drops the deer immediately, but no grenade effect.

Back
Top Bottom