• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

30 cal silencer reccomendations??

bassmaster44

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
30   0
Reaction score
I am new to the can world so I will apologize in advance. My understanding is that I can run a 30 caliber can on all of the following, but still doing my research:

2 AR's in 556
AR pistol in 556
308 hunting rifle
280 Ackley improved hunting rifle
6.5 creedmoor hunting rifle

All have muzzle breaks but all are threaded. I want to focus the best shooting but quietest. I know you guys will have recommendations on the best can. If I can actually use the same silencer on all of these guns, I am not overly concerned about the cost.

Do you guys mind sharing your opinions?

SIG SRD762TI-QD
I too have a Sig SRD 762 QD and it’s a work horse. I’m very pleased. I havent heard it on 6.5 nor 280. I use it on an 8.5” .300blk, and 10.5” 5.56. It has a nice deep tone to it.

Full auto rated
Can handle SBR length bbls
.300 WIN MAG and down
QD taper
Kinda looks weird but I got over it fast

35CCAE7E-F34C-4B9F-AB50-29BD21D6FBD9.jpeg

Silencerco Omega 300 is what I would get if I were to get one. My neighbor got one and it is light and very quiet. Both direct thread or quick mount is standard. Would serve you well,

I forget the model of the one I'm thinking of, but it was built by Liberty Suppressors in Trenton Georgia (up in the north west corner of the state.)
They have a firearms and silencer demo shoot every year. I went once. The suppressor I'm thinking of was attached to a 308 bolt action rifle but it's rated for up to 300 WinMag. You can use it on a .300 Blackout or 6.8 SPC or any lesser caliber, but the silencer is longer and heavier than you need for those applications.

Shooting full power 150 grain 308 ammo (2700 f.p.s.) sounded like shooting an unsuppressed 22 rifle.

This suppressor had several baffles in it, and I think its overall length is about 9 inches.

I have both a Harvester and an ARC30. Harvester is a lot lighter; but louder, still hearing safe with 308's (Omega wasn't out when I got mine). Good hunting can; but doesn't like rapid fire and has limited mounds. Currently hunting with it. Dobbs ARC30 is a beast can with very good sound reduction. It is direct thread only and heavy (26oz); but will take about anything you can do to it. If it helps and you haven't shot 30 cal cans before; a LR308 is quieter than a 22 rifle. Main noise is supersonic crack from round going downrange. Do your research and decide on how you are going to use it before you spend your money and start the wait.

I too have a Sig SRD 762 QD and it’s a work horse. I’m very pleased. I havent heard it on 6.5 nor 280. I use it on an 8.5” .300blk, and 10.5” 5.56. It has a nice deep tone to it.

Full auto rated
Can handle SBR length bbls
.300 WIN MAG and down
QD taper
Kinda looks weird but I got over it fast

View attachment 1724651
Yes what he said!! Great can and works very well with 5.56

Do you want quick disconnect or direct thread? Do you care about barrel length restrictions or being able to do mag dumps with no worries?

I went with a Sandman L, got it for a great deal. Originally wanted a Surge but after having a modular can, I don’t care to have it modular. Mostly will be used on AR platform, so I wanted a can with less blowback. The Omega was appealing, but from my research it has a lot more blowback, and I didn’t care for the construction.

The Q thunder chicken has my interest and also the new Energetic Vox, both really light cans.

Back
Top Bottom