• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

30 Carbine

Scorpius

Default rank <4000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
95   0
Reaction score
Ready for next weekend. Load test for cycling and accuracy from my WW2 1943 M1 Carbine.
First time using this powder and I cast these using the Lyman 311359 mold over Hodgdon h110 powder with Tula kvb223 small rifle primers.
Old school ALOX lube but I’ll powder coat these next time I cast some up.

Anyone else load this same setup? What were your results ?

d5a3c1272dc22e0e4949abd87603ff42.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

should be good. the original powder for the carbine from what I understand was 110. I think the original loading (kinda on the hot side) was around 14-15gr H110/W296 with 110gr FMJ.

I had a bunch of AA#7 left over from some other stuff and loaded some up with some different loads to see if they function (got load data from an older manual, it's nice to have old manuals around!). figured they would be good plinking ammo with Berry's or maybe a cast/pc load.

haven't had time to go shoot them to check function but will plan to do that soon.

let me know how that mold works, I would like to get a good mold for the 30 carbine and powder coat some bullets for it.

Mold works great for it. But.....my mold was my first mold about 3 yrs back and well. Single cavity sucks for output. If you want to try some I have about 50 left that aren’t pcd.

I already tried the sr4756 powder and well. It wouldn’t cycle and I gave up once I hit max in my reference manuals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom