• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.300 blackout sub/suppressed mag feeding issues.

Lionheart

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
En vino veritas
210   0
Reaction score
Any of you guys having trouble with standard p-mags with the 200+ grain subsonic ammo?

My pistol with 10.5" in bbl and suppressor doesn't want to feed well with pmags. I have heard about dedicated .300 blackout mags for the larger sub bullets.

Just wondering if any of you guys have used them?

Need stronger mag springs. That's part of the "blackout" mags equation.

Suppressor = faster bolt speed.

Combine that with the 220gr sub 300 blackout weighs 4x your typical 5.56 cartridge (55gr).

All that extra weight means slower magazine feeding.

So either buy special mags (not a terrible idea actually), which could help ensure you never mix 300BO in to an 5.56 chamber or go adjustable gas block to dial back the bolt speed.

Any of you guys having trouble with standard p-mags with the 200+ grain subsonic ammo?

My pistol with 10.5" in bbl and suppressor doesn't want to feed well with pmags. I have heard about dedicated .300 blackout mags for the larger sub bullets.

Just wondering if any of you guys have used them?

Still waiting for the email to come from midwayusa to let me know that the new Pmag 300 BLK mags are available. They claim they are overdue and Magpul states "Spring 2017".

Which company is making a dedicated 300 BLK mag right now?

no need for special magazines. Never had an issue with Pmags. I did remove some of the side "grooves". Not because I was having issues, just wanted to try it one night after seeing a video on it. Not sure if the 300blk specific mags are more expensive but I wouldnt spend any extra money on them.

I always use standard metal GI mags with anti tilt followers for 300blk and never had a problem. Had to mix up the two as well since 5.56 is all Pmags

I always use standard metal GI mags with anti tilt followers for 300blk and never had a problem. Had to mix up the two as well since 5.56 is all Pmags

I also use standard GI type aluminum mags in my 300 BO pistol and rifle. No other changes to the weapon or the mags. I shoot 110 gr soft points all the way through 220 grain subs, no trouble at all.

I have tried Pmags and I did have trouble feeding. But with aluminum mags NO problems.

no need for special magazines. Never had an issue with Pmags. I did remove some of the side "grooves". Not because I was having issues, just wanted to try it one night after seeing a video on it. Not sure if the 300blk specific mags are more expensive but I wouldnt spend any extra money on them.

Saw a video where a guy was doing this...started this conversation.

Back
Top Bottom