• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

300 BLK subs

1680 always seemed to be the go to powder for 300 subs. anything else come out that seems like a better option as I get into 300? CFE BLK?

I'll build a 9" pistol gas upper soon and will run in suppressed with subs 99% of the time. 247gr cast bullet is the plan (bought an NOE mold a while ago).

supposed to. It was a group special order on the 300blackout forum a few years ago. I think NOE stocks it now or at least some versions. Seems there's a thread or two about that bullet on the blackout forum as well as cast boolits. The changed the ogive to work better for feeding and still fit in the mags at a normal OAL. I haven't used mine yet just got all the casting stuff and will start with some other calibers.

I bought a 6.8spc custom mold around the same time that's still sitting on the shelf waiting for a rainy day. That one was from the 6.8 forum and is a custom version of a Lee mold.

From what I understand it's to reduce chance of squibbing, heavier projectiles and lighter loads and all. That's why I ask though, I'd like to know if others are crimping their sub loads

I doubt a crimp is any match for thousands of pounds of psi. And a squib load is less likely to be a disaster if the pressure has time to rise before the bullet leaves the case.

In a bolt gun, I'd use which method works best. Semi-auto, at least a light crimp, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom