• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

300 BLK tumbling?!?

Sorry guys, not getting notifications and missed the recent responses and questions. The ammo I was shooting is Summit 220 BTHP

FullSizeRender.jpg.jpeg

Time for an update. Went to the range last week and shot 110, 150, and 220 grain without the suppressor. NO tumbling / keyholes at all. Put the suppressor back on and yep, you guess it, keyholes. Some about 12" away from point of aim @ 35 feet. So the barrel isn't the problem, at least not the crown or rifling.

I took the barrel and suppressor by Dobb's to check out and it took Bryan about 2 seconds to find the problem that I hadn't seen - the booster on the suppressor bottoms out before the suppressor seats against the shoulder of the barrel; there's about 60/1000's of an inch gap between the suppressor and barrel's shoulder. Not good.

Now the thread length on the barrel is where it should be - 1/2". The problem is the booster won't allow the threads to go into the suppressor any further.

Since I only use this barrel with the 1 suppressor, I left the barrel with Bryan who is going to take 60/1000's of an inch off the barre's threads so it'll seat correctly. I'll give another update after I shoot the combo again.

FYI, you should not be shooting the suppressor with the booster on a fixed barrel system. You can cause damage to the suppressor by doing this. The booster is used for pistols that have a tilting barrel design, like the Glock/Browning Hi-Power designs.
RHelton10 RHelton10 what suppressor are you using on this?

FYI, you should not be shooting the suppressor with the booster on a fixed barrel system. You can cause damage to the suppressor by doing this. The booster is used for pistols that have a tilting barrel design, like the Glock/Browning Hi-Power designs.
RHelton10 RHelton10 what suppressor are you using on this?

It's an AAC Ti-rant 9 and yes, you can shoot it on fixed barrels. The booster has a sleeve that replaces the internal spring for this use.

Wow...:laugh:

Those are definitely keyholing. That first "After" pic looks like a pyramid! Glad you got it sorted. I'd have him check the baffles, too. In my mind, there's at least a strike or two going on in there...and I don't know if AAC will warranty it given that it was improperly seated.

Back
Top Bottom