• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.300 BO Host

Here we go.... appreciate all the replies....

So a few answers / replies of my own...

Don’t really have a preference of pistol VS rifle.... but I’m sure I’ll shoulder the weapon at some point...

I prefer semi over bolt and I have a lot of hogs... 20+ at a time isn’t all that uncommon unfortunately.

I get shorter the barrel the better... but how does twist rate play into all this? (Specifically with .300BO)

Don’t really have a preference of pistol VS rifle.... but I’m sure I’ll shoulder the weapon at some point...

I prefer semi over bolt and I have a lot of hogs... 20+ at a time isn’t all that uncommon unfortunately.

I get shorter the barrel the better... but how does twist rate play into all this? (Specifically with .300BO)
Go AR pistol and you can always SBR later if you want a true stock. I’m not certain but I’m guessing you are over thinking the twist rate - most I’ve looked at are 1/8 but I’m shooting more supers than subs. If you are mostly subs, maybe 1/7 is the way to go.

Twist rate is just like other calibers.
1:7 is best for heavy.

1:9 and above is best for the light stuff.

1:8 is the best "do all"

I recommend the 1:8... while the quietness of the subs is fun...you may find you need more muzzle velocity. Depending on your distances

1:8 will shoot them all well

I need to try one of those. I've used kak blade, and tried a SBPDW but in reality I'm not dropping that money on a pistol anytime soon due to having SBRed a lower before braces were cool.
I've got a PDW brace and the SBA3. Id take the SBA3 time and time again.

0EF1483A-9ED6-4D74-8C07-B1F4AB403A7A.jpeg
1C415E30-0547-44F8-B8E4-BF6BAEFC5B58.jpeg

I did a write up on a PSA300 I built with a 10 1/2” barrel. PSA upper, lower and as of last week a SBA3 pistol brace.

My experience has been extremely positive with PSA. Also love my Sig QRD can.

I can not talk about hunting, I have zero experience.

Zero experience hasn't stopped lots of folks from talking on the good ol ODT.

If you want really quiet with a suppressor, forget the AR platform. You need a locked bolt, like in a bolt action or lever gun, combined with sub sonic loads..

For fast followup shots, esp with supersonic loads, you can't beat the AR. Suppressed super loads are hearing safe, but still LOUD due to the sonic crack.

eta: getting away from a semi-auto action also allows a better powder choice for quieter subs.

Back
Top Bottom