• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

300 PRC pros & cons? For distance shooting....

palmettomoon

Army Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
NRA Life Member Wayne LaPierre & Chris Cox Hater
226   0
Reaction score
....at targets, no animals. Thinking of trying something better suited for 1,500 yards + target shooting. Bergera? Ruger Precision is a little tempting because of the 15lb weight to tame recoil a little. Any ideas or experience with Christensen Arms or other makers?

I'm looking to spend about $2k or less for the rifle.

....at targets, no animals. Thinking of trying something better suited for 1,500 yards + target shooting. Bergera? Ruger Precision is a little tempting because of the 15lb weight to tame recoil a little. Any ideas or experience with Christensen Arms or other makers?

I'm looking to spend about $2k or less for the rifle.
I have a christensen arms mesa in 300 prc. Really nice, not bad on recoil. I havnt stretched it out yet but I know some that have shot it over a mile.
jaybb jaybb can help inform you

Have read some not so flattering things about Christensen, no first hand knowledge though. I did email their customer service once about four years ago with a question, to date I haven’t received a reply. I’m currently shooting a Bergara B14 HMR in 308 and have been impressed so far but haven’t had it very long, so take it for what it’s worth.
Haven’t shot the Ruger but have handled several and they just feel cheap to me.
A good break will go a long way with recoil.

Have read some not so flattering things about Christensen, no first hand knowledge though. I did email their customer service once about four years ago with a question, to date I haven’t received a reply. I’m currently shooting a Bergara B14 HMR in 308 and have been impressed so far but haven’t had it very long, so take it for what it’s worth.
Haven’t shot the Ruger but have handled several and they just feel cheap to me.
A good break will go a long way with recoil.

Planning on using the Omega 300 with brake installed.

Back
Top Bottom