• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

300 Ultra Magnum destruction!!!

Looks like he might of been using hollow points. I have shot many deer with big calibers and nothing like that, including a 458 win mag.

I'd say quite the opposite, the most meat possible was saved in this situation.

With the most possible being The Rear Quarters.

That was like Squirrel hunting with a .243.

Next time, why don't you back up about 400 yards before you pull the trigger- looked like a muzzle blast got her to me.

You posted this thread, so I assume you are looking for people's opinion... I think it is disrespectful and sick to take pictures like this and especially to post them...

Most people don't realize what a couple hundred FPS means on a bullet making statements like the .308 is equal to the 30-06 cause it's only 250FPS slower. or the .300win is as powerful as the win mag because it's only a couple of hundred FPS slower.
When you double the speed of an object Impact is multiplied by 9. That's right 9. That couple of hundred FPS can often translate into double or triple the impact energy of the next slower cartridge.
I have posted several times about very similar results shooting 180gr Remington factory loaded Sirocco bonded bullets at over 250 yards with the 300RUM. (still more energy than a 30-06 placed against the fur) I didn't post pics because I didn't take any.
Everyone seemed to think I was just exaggerating or making up internet crap. I assure you I was not.
Years ago I used to believe there was no such thing as too much gun or too dead until I saw what the .300RUM does to a white tail. I still see guys posting about wanting to deer hunt with the .300RUM or a .338 Lapua Mag and they get all upset when I advise against it. Other Internet geniuses who claim to have done it successfully always seem to chime in egging on the bad advice.

Remington has had so many complaints of this kind of carnage even on moose and elk that they now produce .300RUM ammo in 3 power levels. Power level 1 about equal to 30-06 for Whitetails. Power level 2 about equal to .300win mag for Moose and Elk and power level 3 for large dangerous game like Griz and African game.
I parked my .300RUM in the safe after similar results and turning 2 whitetails into grape jelly with it. I do have some power level 1 ammo for it but mostly just use an -06. For those that don't know I also advise against sitting down and benching 40 rounds at paper with this beast. Even with a Brake and a darn good Limbsaver pad. I'm not a little guy and I had to go to the doctor with chest pains and pay for a ton of tests to find out the recoil had separated my ribs from my sternum. I didn't realize what I had done till the next day and still didn't realize what had caused it till the Doc told me what was wrong. It left me in pretty good pain and unable to go about normal activity for several weeks.

I Disagree with any other poster who thinks these pics don't need to be seen or posted.

They definitely do by anyone thinking about shooting a RUM and also by those who don't fully understand what a couple of hundred FPS does
Thank you for posting this and lending validity to the TRUTH that otherwise is construed by many as internet bullcrap.
This IS what happens when you shoot a whitetail with a RUM even at several hundred yards and needs to be seen. I never would have believed it if I hadn't done it/seen it myself
BHJ

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom