• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

300 Ultra Magnum destruction!!!

You posted this thread, so I assume you are looking for people's opinion... I think it is disrespectful and sick to take pictures like this and especially to post them...

Gotta agree. That's not a hunter, and that's not hunting.

Many buy the RUM just plain not Knowing what it will do.
I didn't till I shot deer with the exact same results a very long ways out.
Most wouldn't believe it if you tell them. These pics need to be posted and seen.
Nice shot by the way.
Perfect right behind the shoulder.

Last edited:
I hate to say this, but these kind of pictures is what gives hunters a bad name. I hunt with a bullet lethal enough to kill instantly, but not tear holes that you can throw a baby elephant through. What is the purpose of hunting if you lose half your meat??

I hate to say this, but these kind of pictures is what gives hunters a bad name. I hunt with a bullet lethal enough to kill instantly, but not tear holes that you can throw a baby elephant through. What is the purpose of hunting if you lose half your meat??

Lose half the meat... How do you figure? Who eats rib meat? One back strap had a little damage thats it. The rest of the meat was fine.

This brings to mind the guy that has the AR for sale on here, in the .50 Beowoulf ......says in the ad "perfect for hunting in Georgia" or something to this nature....just think what that would do to one ! Definitely overcompensation.

I fry the ribs and they are amazing and I also boil the neck and strip the meat for hash. I think that there is absolutely no purpose in decimating a deer when you shoot it. I had a box of Nosler Partitions and after 1 shot that in a does head that blew apart I have never have shot another Nosler bullet since.

There is a phrase called "overkill"

^^this and there was a post up a couple pages that stated he was probably overcompensating for a shortcoming of some sort ! ^^:pound:

Back
Top Bottom