• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

300 Ultra Magnum destruction!!!

Bullcrap I own and have shot deer in the past with a .300RUM. (before I knew better) I have been warning people with magnumitis against doing so for years, Those shoulders neck and a good portion of backstraps are nothing but bloodshocked purple jelly under that hide. Heck I shot one in the chest facing me the bullet travelled the length of the body and and only got one ham from the whole deer. More damage than the broadside shot even though there was about a 1" hole in the chest and no exit. Got ready to dress the deer made 1 small cut and purple gush filled the gut bucket. I was left with a nearly empty skin hanging from the gambrels.
Been there done that got the t shirt and remember the lesson well.
It aint the bore diameter it's the velocity. The .300RUM is a necked down .404 Jeffry
Again I do appreciate you posting the pics so others won't make the mistake.

My guess is the best part of the deer, the tenderloins, were also ruined. In addition I think someone mentioned the possibility of tainted meat from the gut so I doubt there was very little useable meat left on that deer.

Hey - If you can't take the comments, don't start the thread... Oh yeah - Flippers suck too - Need a truckload of Automatch???

The comments don't bother me at all. I could care less, but I do have an opinion and I will voice it......because this is america. Just like I bought some ammo from the biggest ammo flipper on Tuesday. We had a good laugh about you and your anti flipping views.

The comments don't bother me at all. I could care less, but I do have an opinion and I will voice it......because this is america. Just like I bought some ammo from the biggest ammo flipper on Tuesday. We had a good laugh about you and your anti flipping views.

Oh, so not only do you think it is funny or cute to blow a frigging deer in half with too much rifle, you are also helping to maintain the ammo shortage by knowingly buying from ammo flippers... NICE GUY HERE

Hey - If you can't take the comments, don't start the thread... Oh yeah - Flippers suck too - Need a truckload of Automatch???

Oh, so not only do you think it is funny or cute to blow a frigging deer in half with too much rifle, you are also helping to maintain the ammo shortage by knowingly buying from ammo flippers... NICE GUY HERE

There was plenty of meat left on the dear!! Hunting equals death in any way you put it. America equals capitalism equals selling goods for profit.

There was plenty of meat left on the dear!! Hunting equals death in any way you put it. America equals capitalism equals selling goods for profit.

Since you brought up ammo flipping - I will be happy to explain this again here... Capitalism is a great system which allows people to make a profit on items and it is designed to allow for the distribution of items in short supply to the largest number of people. Ammo Flipping IS NOT CAPITALISM!!!

It is some ass hole inserting himself into the supply chain and creating a shortage that they use as an excuse to charge extreme profits. They do so without a business license or paying taxes on their profits, so they are breaking several state and federal laws. Ammo Flipping is PROFITEERING plain and simple. The people that do it are scum that add nothing at all to the system except more cost... Rant over.

Since you brought up ammo flipping - I will be happy to explain this again here... Capitalism is a great system which allows people to make a profit on items and it is designed to allow for the distribution of items in short supply to the largest number of people. Ammo Flipping IS NOT CAPITALISM!!! It is some ass hole inserting himself into the supply chain and creating a shortage that they use as an excuse to charge extreme profits. They do so without a business license or paying taxes on their profits, so they are breaking several state and federal laws. Ammo Flipping is PROFITEERING plain and simple. The people that do it are scum that add nothing at all to the system except more cost... Rant over.
Didn't realize business licenses and taxes were part of a capitalist system. Actually, ammo flipping is the purest form of capitalism. Those who want to work hard can profit as much as the market will bare. Those who just want to hit the ammo counter at 6pm a time or two a week will either pay more, or do without.

Didn't realize business licenses and taxes were part of a capitalist system. Actually, ammo flipping is the purest form of capitalism. Those who want to work hard can profit as much as the market will bare. Those who just want to hit the ammo counter at 6pm a time or two a week will either pay more, or do without.

I did not say that business licences or taxes were part of the Capitalistic system... I just said ammo flippers are breaking the law without them.

You have chimed in many times championing the noble Ammo Flippers for their hard work for going around and gathering up ammo like a pack of ground squirrels and offering it to us in mass quantities. Their sacrifice keeps us from having to waste our time waiting in line and searching the empty shelves... The fact is, most of them do not buy it across the sales counter at all. They are buying huge quantities through some contact they have and thus causing the shortage...

This guy sure worked hard... He must have had to drive to every Walmart in America for this haul. Oh and I guess he dug the case boxes out of the dumpster.

smithworks1107_50Cases.jpg

Back
Top Bottom