• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

300 Ultra Magnum destruction!!!

I did not say that business licences or taxes were part of the Capitalistic system... I just said ammo flippers are breaking the law without them.You have chimed in many times championing the noble Ammo Flippers for their hard work for going around and gathering up ammo like a pack of ground squirrels and offering it to us in mass quantities. Their sacrifice keeps us from having to waste our time waiting in line and searching the empty shelves... The fact is, most of them do not buy it across the sales counter at all. They are buying huge quantities through some contact they have and thus causing the shortage...This guy sure worked hard... He must have had to drive to every Walmart in America for this haul. Oh and I guess he dug the case boxes out of the dumpster.View attachment 239981
Do you know where he got that ammo? Do you know how many thousands of his dollars he had to spend to get all that ammo? The fact us, you don't know the answer to either of those questions. All you know is he has a large quantity of something that you want for little to no effort. You too can do the leg work, make the phone calls, and put your money at risk to purchase a large quantity of ammo like he did. The fact is you don't want to. You want to mosey up to the ammo counter at Walmart and buy a brick of .22 for 15 bucks like it used to be when everyone and their mother wasn't looking for .22. The way I see it you have a couple of options. Invest the time and money and become an ammunition manufacture yourself so you have all you need, do the legwork to find and purchase this hard to find commodity, pay the going rate for ammo from the "flippers", or do without until the market calms down. Getting mad, whining, *****ing, moaning, pissing, and complaining does nothing to help your situation.

For those that don't know I also advise against sitting down and benching 40 rounds at paper with this beast. Even with a Brake and a darn good Limbsaver pad. I'm not a little guy and I had to go to the doctor with chest pains and pay for a ton of tests to find out the recoil had separated my ribs from my sternum. I didn't realize what I had done till the next day and still didn't realize what had caused it till the Doc told me what was wrong. It left me in pretty good pain and unable to go about normal activity for several weeks.

I Disagree with any other poster who thinks these pics don't need to be seen or posted.

They definitely do by anyone thinking about shooting a RUM and also by those who don't fully understand what a couple of hundred FPS does
Thank you for posting this and lending validity to the TRUTH that otherwise is construed by many as internet bullcrap.
This IS what happens when you shoot a whitetail with a RUM even at several hundred yards and needs to be seen. I never would have believed it if I hadn't done it/seen it myself
BHJ
Nice post. I bought one of these for my second Elk hunt in Colorado. I took it to that range out by the Alabama line (can't recall the name but they had a 100 yard range)and shot about 6 through it before taking it up to the owner and asking him to "site it in" for me. Went back two days later and he told me "don't ever bring this sonofa*****" out there again.LOL. I think my shoulder's still broken and that was almost ten years ago. I still have it. Just can't afford to shoot it now.

I got a hard on first time I seen this picture, now I got my second. THANKS SO MUCH! He sold me a brick for $25 and at Wal-Mart if you can find them they would cost $20. I will gladly pay him $5 more per brick and meet him on my way home from work. I love the convenience, I don't care where or how much he gets.

^^ i mean... no doubt it is awesome to see what different cartridges do, but I hunt for food. When I see all that wasted meat and most likely some contamination from gut, it makes me sad.

Aim for the head if you want to use Rhino calibers. Save the meat! lol

No doubt, looks like overkill to me.
Maybe bear should be the target game, but even then thats a little much. :doh:

Do you know where he got that ammo? Do you know how many thousands of his dollars he had to spend to get all that ammo? The fact us, you don't know the answer to either of those questions. All you know is he has a large quantity of something that you want for little to no effort. You too can do the leg work, make the phone calls, and put your money at risk to purchase a large quantity of ammo like he did. The fact is you don't want to. You want to mosey up to the ammo counter at Walmart and buy a brick of .22 for 15 bucks like it used to be when everyone and their mother wasn't looking for .22. The way I see it you have a couple of options. Invest the time and money and become an ammunition manufacture yourself so you have all you need, do the legwork to find and purchase this hard to find commodity, pay the going rate for ammo from the "flippers", or do without until the market calms down. Getting mad, whining, *****ing, moaning, pissing, and complaining does nothing to help your situation.

Well sir in this case I do... From the truckload ad...
Question, how does one get a truckload like that? I've never seen it packaged like that for resale. Are you a dealer?
hopefully some day! but no, i just no some people that are in the business and i have a contract with them!

I have enough ammo for my needs - I have even sold several thousand rounds at 6 cents a round or less to help people out. I view this as a community of outdoors enthusiasts that should help each other out, not a place for outsiders to come in and rape people for profits and not even support the website... If I could buy 160,000 rounds of ammo, I would not do it because it is a DOUCHE thing to do and it is ILLLLEEEEGGGGGAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!!

Oh - And 300 RUM is too much gun for whitetail...

Well sir in this case I do... From the truckload ad...Question, how does one get a truckload like that? I've never seen it packaged like that for resale. Are you a dealer?hopefully some day! but no, i just no some people that are in the business and i have a contract with them!I have enough ammo for my needs - I have even sold several thousand rounds at 6 cents a round or less to help people out. I view this as a community of outdoors enthusiasts that should help each other out, not a place for outsiders to come in and rape people for profits and not even support the website... If I could buy 160,000 rounds of ammo, I would not do it because it is a DOUCHE thing to do and it is ILLLLEEEEGGGGGAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!!Oh - And 300 RUM is too much gun for whitetail...
What I read....."blah, blah, blah, whah, whah, whah, he has, I want, poop."About right?

What I read....."blah, blah, blah, whah, whah, whah, he has, I want, poop."About right?

Maybe you should see a doctor. You either have a vision problem or a mental disorder...

You are such a smart guy - how does somebody buying 165,000 rounds off ammo from a distributor (which keeps it off the shelves) and then selling it for double the retail value help the community???

That is a familiar sight lol. I had a 300 Ultra Mag and results were the same on a doe at 100 yards with a 150 grain handload. Even more devastating was the coyote I took at 75 yards.

End result, dead deer, no tracking!!!

Maybe you should see a doctor. You either have a vision problem or a mental disorder... You are such a smart guy - how does somebody buying 165,000 rounds off ammo from a distributor (which keeps it off the shelves) and then selling it for double the retail value help the community???
A. one does not simply "buy" 165000 rounds from a distributor. B. Who said anyone was trying to "help the community?". The guy is clearly trying to make a buck.

Back
Top Bottom