• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

300 Ultra Magnum destruction!!!

Do you know where he got that ammo? Do you know how many thousands of his dollars he had to spend to get all that ammo? The fact us, you don't know the answer to either of those questions. All you know is he has a large quantity of something that you want for little to no effort. You too can do the leg work, make the phone calls, and put your money at risk to purchase a large quantity of ammo like he did. The fact is you don't want to. You want to mosey up to the ammo counter at Walmart and buy a brick of .22 for 15 bucks like it used to be when everyone and their mother wasn't looking for .22. The way I see it you have a couple of options. Invest the time and money and become an ammunition manufacture yourself so you have all you need, do the legwork to find and purchase this hard to find commodity, pay the going rate for ammo from the "flippers", or do without until the market calms down. Getting mad, whining, *****ing, moaning, pissing, and complaining does nothing to help your situation.

In my opinion people that run around and buy hundreds of thousands of rounds a week are the ones CAUSING the shortage. The shortage would be over in less than a month( would have been over months ago) if it weren't for these gougers. Their creating a shortage then marking up the price and selling it for lots of profit citing the shortage( that their causing ) as the reason their charging so much.
Some people have a job they have to be at while the retailers are getting their shipments. So while were working these gougers are scooping up all the ammo as soon as it hits the floor, doubling or tripling the price then selling it to people who need it but who couldent buy it because of them.

Just my two cents worth.

Went to a 25-06 years ago. Drops them in their tracks, well placed shot of 100 grains does little damage, very little recoil also.

Went to a 25-06 years ago. Drops them in their tracks, well placed shot of 100 grains does little damage, very little recoil also.

A 270 with 140 grain Accubonds does well also with minimal damage.

As stated above, proper bullet selection even in the ultra magnums would have done much less damage. But someone thought it would be cool to do it that way. If that's cool, I don't want to be cool.

Ehhh. I love my ultra mag. I'm 6"2, 320 pounds so the recoil is manageable. I did shoot about 8 rounds this weekend and I have a bruises. Shot placement is the key IMHO. Want to save the meat? Be able to make a neck shot.

That's what happens when you take a cartridge designed for killing a 1,500 animal at 5-600 yards and shoot a little Georgia deer at 100.

Blowing apart varmint animals are one thing (which can be fun), but doing so to game animals is just a waste.

Back
Top Bottom