.300 Win Mag

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestef214

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
26   0
Reaction score
I was just curious if anybody out there had any good .300 Win Mag recipes I have tried 67gr of IMR 4350 under Hornady 178gr VMAX bullets and came out accurate but a little under pressure. I am currently trying 55gr of IMR4895 under some 150gr Speer Hot-Cor have yet to get out and fire em (been movin).

also have only been at this for a few months was lookin for advice on case life all of mine have been fired 4 times and have maintained their dimensions after fire forming I have only trimmed them once and no signs of overpressure or flaws. How long do you guys keep your brass.

bump shoulder back .002 only. do a ladder test . pick bullet and powder u want , research reloading forums for good combos. barrel twist will determine bullet you can use , find twist by rodding with cleaning rod with jag/ patch , measure inches to complete full twist.

ladder test min charge up in .5grain incriment to max watch for pressure sighns. do test at 400 yds . you will form groups on target "these are nodes" harmonics of barrel. pick these charge wts and divide these nodes into .3 grain incriment. then on the next groups do 5x groups. 300win mag is THE BOSS CARTRIDGE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom