• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

300BK feeding problem.

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
OK, I have a pistol length 300BK that doesn't want to feed well. It's always the same malfunction. The round ends up at an upward angle with the BCG jammed into the side of the case. It does this with both supersonic and subs. It also did this occasionally before I got it SBRed and clean or dirty doesn't seen to make a difference. This doesn't happen every time. It's about 1 out of 6 rounds.

Any thoughts?

OK, I have a pistol length 300BK that doesn't want to feed well. It's always the same malfunction. The round ends up at an upward angle with the BCG jammed into the side of the case. It does this with both supersonic and subs. It also did this occasionally before I got it SBRed and clean or dirty doesn't seen to make a difference. This doesn't happen every time. It's about 1 out of 6 rounds.

Any thoughts?
Magazine. But it sounds like the bolt isn't coming completely to the rear. Possible gas leak in the gas system.

Not the magazine. I've tried several that have functioned well in other ARs. I think I'll get it checked for a gas leak and it that doesn't work go to a lighter buffer.

What length barrel are you using and what length gas system? Do you know the diameter of the gas port in your barrel? (I know you said pistol length, but a lot of people think that refers to the barrel length so I am just confirming). Also, when you shoot subsonics and have the issue, are you running it with or without a suppressor?

I had same issue. Mine was a magazine issue. I was running magpuls. I switched to Lancer mags. The magpul mag has a seem inside that for some reason would drag the round slightly. The lancer is a hybrid mag with steel lips. No feeding issues out of it at all. Just food for thought.

Magpuls dont feed 300 blk too well. It has a rib at the front of the mag for strength. The tips of the 300 blk projectiles will rub or catch on the rib. I believe mission first mags address this. Good ole steel GI mags are g2g as well.

Magpuls dont feed 300 blk too well. It has a rib at the front of the mag for strength. The tips of the 300 blk projectiles will rub or catch on the rib. I believe mission first mags address this. Good ole steel GI mags are g2g as well.
I have the same problem with the steel mags.

Back
Top Bottom