• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

300blk neck mouth flaring?

It was.....glad you figured it out. Happy to help!

I thought it was just a small straight rod. I never took it apart but I had unscrewed it all the way up into the die so it wasn't depriming but I guess it wasn't high enough and still was interfering.

I thought it was just a small straight rod. I never took it apart but I had unscrewed it all the way up into the die so it wasn't depriming but I guess it wasn't high enough and still was interfering.

That's why you are supposed to take it out ;)

Took me a couple hours but I lubed and ran thru every single case. Case feel a little bit lube but not really. I couldn't get all of the lube off cause I was manually wiping them down with toilet paper lol. Now I have to deburr and chamfer the flare of the mouth even tho I don't need to. I'm going to do it anyways so I can put a little crimp on it. People do crimp 300blk right?

Why are you "flaring" a bottleneck case? Are you loading hard cast lead bullets? If you are truly flaring your necks along without annealing you are probably over working the brass making it prone to neck cracks.

Why are you "flaring" a bottleneck case? Are you loading hard cast lead bullets? If you are truly flaring your necks along without annealing you are probably over working the brass making it prone to neck cracks.

I didn't remove the decapping rod, I just adjusted where it sits higher into the die and it was still interfering with the sizing. It was flaring the mouth and I thought that was standard cause the bullets seat nicely on it lol. I got a case prep center and im going to chamfer and deburr it off. After sizing all of the cases again lastnight, they each grew .003"

Might I suggest a neck sizer die without a decap rod for future use on cases already fired in your gun. Also as I said in an earlier post I would anneal your brass to keep from stressing the necks and causing cracks. Glad you got it worked out.

Back
Top Bottom