• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

300blk neck mouth flaring?

Then you oversize your brass killing its useful life. We can save that discussion for another day though. :P
Well I did that. I actually screwed it till it won't screw anymore, lowered the ram and added a little bit more turn which result to in spec cases.

No , I do not reload .223 however I do neck size my .308 brass. No sense in full length sizing when all of my brass has been fired in my rifle, just over works the brass.
He's not reloading .223. He is reloading for a semi automatic rifle tho. In your bolt action I'm sure that works just fine.

He's not reloading .223. He is reloading for a semi automatic rifle tho. In your bolt action I'm sure that works just fine.

While I can agree that full length sizing is best for a semi auto, in this specific case he had a flaring issue with cases he had already primed. Using a neck sizing die should correct the flare problem. I know he is loading .300 blk. Either way it sounds like he worked out the source of his trouble.

Last edited:
While I can agree that full length sizing is best for a semi auto, in this specific case he had a flaring issue with cases he had already primed. Using a neck sizing die should correct the flare problem. I know he is loading .300 blk. Either way it sounds like he worked out the source of his trouble.
I gotcha now. Looks like you were on the right path and my reading comprehension sucks.

I gotcha now. Looks like you were on the right path and my reading comprehension sucks.
To be fair, I did say he should get a neck sizer die anyway for brass he has already fired through his rifle. So that was wrong on my part. No worries either way he has it fixed and no misshaps so it is all good.

Back
Top Bottom