• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

300blk subs- who is doing it?

Duce4trey

Default rank <4000 posts
KEYBOARD OPERATOR
58   0
Reaction score
I picked up my can over the weekend so I rolled up some subs to try out tonight.

Gun: 300blk SBR 9inch barrel using a Vortex AR red dot

load

220gr leatherhead bullets
COL- 2.065
A1680
made some in .2 increments from 10.4- 11.4gr

My gun really seemed to like 10.8gr

Mind you this was at an indoor range shooting 25yds and I don't own a chrono.
But :censored:, they were quiet

Just curious who else is rolling up 300blk subs and what you are using.

If anyone has a chrono I would love to meet up and shoot.
I have no idea on fps on these.

I just got setup to do it, no can yet but want to try a1680 and h110 using hornady 225gr BTHP Match was going to try cci 400 and cci 450 primers

H110 is better for supers. You might have issues with subs.
I have read a lot of mixed reviews on it.
Let me know how it goes.

I just started reloading for 300 blkout. I made some subs with the 208gr A max. Im not at home to give the exact specs but I did use h110 with them. I recently got some lilgun to try with some 147gr pulls but I havent had much luck with them yet.

I just started reloading for 300 blkout. I made some subs with the 208gr A max. Im not at home to give the exact specs but I did use h110 with them. I recently got some lilgun to try with some 147gr pulls but I havent had much luck with them yet.

I have some 208gr AMAX's laying around.
Hornady is discontinuing them for the new ELD bullets.

Not sure if I want to load the few hundred I have for subs or not.

I use mainly the 208gr stuff I have stocked piled. Used h110, lilgun,4227,1680......pretty much everything listed in the 9th edition hornady manual. I had a ton of lilgun that I've been using for the most part. 7.8gr lil gun 208gr amax with CCI 400 gets me like 1000fps from a 10.2" barrel. H110 worked pretty decent for subs too.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Any of you guys running lead bullets for subs? Waiting on a can (and barrel) but bought a 247gr mold (NOE) a few years ago when they made a batch. Never have used it yet...

I just ordered some of those coated palmetto projectiles 203gr last night since they stopped making the 208gr amax. 247 gr sounds like fun. What can did you buy ?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Any of you guys running lead bullets for subs? Waiting on a can (and barrel) but bought a 247gr mold (NOE) a few years ago when they made a batch. Never have used it yet...

I am using leatherhead bullets. 220gr coated.

The ones I have loaded up so far are working great.

Back
Top Bottom