• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$307 shipped for a Vortex Viper HS-LR 30mm 4-16x44

No-Limit

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
28   0
Reaction score
Bear with me here guys...I'll let you in on a little secret on how to get this smoking deal on a darn good piece of glass.

OK, so if you're in the market for a scope...Cabela's has a killer deal right now on the Vortex Viper HS LR (Long Range) 30mm 4-16x44 scope, normally priced at $549.99, on sale for just $349.99. Pretty good deal all on it's own, right? BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

I don't know how many of you know about Active Junky...but feel free to look it up. I recently signed up for it and have used it and confirmed that the funds are sitting in my account. To sum it up, it's basically a site that gives cash back from the commissions they receive when you buy products from various outdoor retailers that they are affiliated with. For instance, Cabela's has a 12% cash back amount...other retailers (Backcountry, REI, Moosejaw, Patagonia, etc) have various cash back amounts. Essentially the retailers are paying these sites commissions on the products that are sold through their sites, and then these sites split that commission with you. Again, do your own research and homework...i've seen a lot of talk about it on Calguns, and mountain biking forums...from people asking if it was legit or not and it seems that the consensus is that it is definitely legit...the biggest flaw I have heard about is the "quirkyness" of having to log into the Active Junky site before visiting the actual retailers site (Cabela's for instance) which allows Active Junky to earn their commission & then split that with you. Basically, if you don't go through the Active Junky site and click on the Cabela's link...and then do your shopping from there, it won't be able to see your purchase and subsequently give you the money. So they key is to log onto your Active Junky account first...click the Cabela's link...which will bring up the Cabela's home page where you can search for whatever you want to buy. Also, it's important to make sure there are no other Cabela's websites open in your browser when you do this.

Obviously you can buy other things other than the scope that I mentioned...but it's just the best deal that I have found and wanted to share. You get 12% back on all of your purchases, not just for this one deal. One downside is that firearms and ammo I think are only 2% cash back...not 12%. But from what I can tell, everything else is 12%.

Also, another little secret to save you more money....particularly at Cabelas. Many of you probably know about this...but Cabela's often puts gift cards on Ebay for a discounted price. In other words, they'll sell $100 gift cards for $82 shipped...which obviously is an 18% savings on anything you buy. There's usually like a 3 card limit when you buy them from Ebay. I've purchased several and have always received them in just a couple days...and have used them and they work. You can check out the reveiws and feeback on that Ebay seller as well...feel free to do your due diligence on all this stuff and also feel free to correct me if any of this isn't what I'm making it out to be. Obviously you would need to buy these in advance, but just snag them when they're on sale at Ebay and then just hold on to them until you're ready to use them.

If you used those gift cards...it would bring the price of that scope down to less than $275 shipped, with tax and everything included...which is an absolute steal. I've seen this scope selling (or "listed for", I guess I should say) for $450 USED on here...yeah yeah I know USED is always more expensive here on the ODT!

Should also mention, Cabela's has FREE SHIPPING right now on ALL orders...use code 7HOLIDAY.

Full disclosure: I am not affiliated with Cabela's or Active Junky or Vortex or anybody else for that matter...just a cheap bastard that likes a good deal.

I intentionally did NOT put a link to the scope from the cabela's website on here...because again, if you actually are interested in buying it, you have to LOG IN to Active Junky first in order to take advantage of the 12% cash back, so I didn't want to confuse anyone by putting the link up there and then people just clicking the cabela's link & wondering where their cash back is. You have to sign up for the Active Junky thing first (which only took about 20 seconds to enter your info) and then click on the Cabela's link FROM the Active Junky page. Hope that makes sense...and if you have any questions post them up for all to read because i'm sure there are other people more familiar with it than I am.

But if you just want to check out the scope without signing up for anything, just go search for it on the Cabela's website...and then if you decide you do want to buy it, close out of that window & then go sign up for Active Junky and click the Cabela's link from there & then buy it.

Lastly, I would ask that if you do check this out...use this link to sign up for the Active Junky account. It's a referral thing where I get $10 credited to my account, and YOU get $10 credited to your's as well. So no reason not to and I would appreciate it..every little bit helps.

Good luck & feel free to post up any thoughts or comments or good deals, etc...

Here's a link to my Active Junky referral: https://www.activejunky.com/invite/1202485

Thanks for the confirmation...like I said I am new to it myself, so it's good to hear from someone else that it works.

And yes, from their frequently asked questions page...it says the payout is quarterly and they will either mail you a check, or credit your Paypal account if you have one.

Purchase Period / Payment Date
For purchases made January 1st – March 31st: Payout is May 10th
For purchases made April 1st – June 30th: Payout is August 10th
For purchases made July 1st – September 30th: Payout is November 10th
For purchases made October 1st – December 31st: Payout is February 10th

Back
Top Bottom