• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.308-.309 pistol

Shey

Default rank <1500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
100   0
Reaction score
Howdy ODT. Was hoping you guys might be able to help me find some 308 to 309 round nose style projectiles in 85-90 grain? Possibly a cast/coated bullet would be nice. The Hornady and sierra bullets that I’ve sourced all measure out closer to 306 even though they state a 309 diam. there seems to be plenty 30 carbine but that’s just a little bit heavier than what I’m looking for.
thanks

These all measure out .306, tried three different boxes. Thanks for looking though
If they measure off that much, that is a factory defect. You should call Hornady and ask about it.

Not to insult you, but are you sure you are measuring them correctly? A caliper could be off that much, would be better to use a micrometer.

Rosewood

Seems to be a common issue with the 30 caliber handgun based off the my forum research, Hornady and Sierra. There's plenty of 30 carbine projectiles on the market, might just have to go 100 or 110 grain, will keep looking for a bit though. Both caliper and micrometer measure the same and get calibrated yearly but I will certainly double check. Thanks for the help ODT

Back
Top Bottom