• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

308 Ar question

acog1988

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
37   0
Reaction score
So I finally decided to buy an Ar in 308 and went with the Widham Weaponry Src 308. I want to personalize it a little and start with the hand guards. Will any mid length ar hand guards work or do they have to be specific for a 308 ar? Same question for the stock as well. Thanks for any help!

Stock yes, it's either mil-spec or commercial. The hand guards are slightly different, just need to make sure you have the correct barrel nut, some are sized differently.

There are also 2 different receiver heights in .308 AR's. You need to research and figure out which you have and select your handguard accordingly.

Not directly aimed at the OP, but a little vent because I've dealt with this way more than I care to lately:

.308 AR's are not like 5.56 AR's. There are at least 3 different magazine patterns in common use across different manufacturers. There are at least 2 different upper receiver patterns in use by different manufacturers. Building one of these is not a good idea or a good way to save money. The .308 AR game is expensive if you want to do it right. If you enjoy frustration, have lots of patience, and don't mind if your rifle doesn't work, by all means build/modify a .308 AR. If you want your guns to work and be reliable and dependable, be prepared to spend $2,500+ on an LMT or KAC.

Back
Top Bottom