• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

308 Powders

I'm getting ready to reload a bunch of 175SMK's for an AR 308 w/ LC brass. I'm mainly focusing on 4064 and possibly Varget. From what I've read the Federal Gold Medal Match round is basically 4064 (I'll try 41.5 to 42.5gr to replicate the FGMM load), so I will see how that works. The other powder I have been using a lot of recently that I'll load up is Ramshot TAC.

FYI I read a lot about the Shooters World Precision Rifle but checked with the two big suppliers (Midsouth and Powder Valley) and as of last week neither had it in stock.

I just can't seem to find a good solid load with varget. I have 4064,4895 and RE15 on hand. Only have a couple pounds of 4895 so I kinda hate to start load development with that because I haven't seen any of that around in a long time.

I'm getting ready to reload a bunch of 175SMK's for an AR 308 w/ LC brass. I'm mainly focusing on 4064 and possibly Varget. From what I've read the Federal Gold Medal Match round is basically 4064 (I'll try 41.5 to 42.5gr to replicate the FGMM load), so I will see how that works. The other powder I have been using a lot of recently that I'll load up is Ramshot TAC.

FYI I read a lot about the Shooters World Precision Rifle but checked with the two big suppliers (Midsouth and Powder Valley) and as of last week neither had it in stock.

They just started releasing Precision Rifle to the market. If you’d like some to test, let me know I’ll get you some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use RL15 in a lot of calibers. Have tried Varget, but it really has never impressed me much. H322 is real consistent in my .308, but velocities are slow. RL17 gets you top velocity and recently I have tried IMR4166 (one of the new Enduron powders) and it is giving good results in the .308. It is slightly faster burning than RL15 or Varget.

Rosewood

Back
Top Bottom