• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

308 Reload

I currently load using 45.5 grains of Varget under a 150gr Hornady Interlock SPBT. Ignited by a CCI Large Rifle Primer.

I get very good results from this load with my gun(23.6" barrel).

Last edited:
If u try and use the bergers check their website first. They recommend very fast twist rates to stabalize the long bullets which have to be seated out to the lands in the barrel and sometimes can't fit into box magazines and have to be loaded single. I'm using the new barnes long range hunter bullet which is 175grains and using remington brass and imr 4895 and seating to the lands i'm getting 1/2 moa but i'm also maxing the load. So watch your pressure and signs on the brass. Also the federal match rifle primers. I'm using the lymans reloading manual. Every gun is different so experiment with multiple bullet weights and oal seating of the bullet in the case. Also the rifle twist of the barrel will also limit what weight bullet your gun will shoot well.

If u try and use the bergers check their website first. They recommend very fast twist rates to stabalize the long bullets which have to be seated out to the lands in the barrel and sometimes can't fit into box magazines and have to be loaded single. I'm using the new barnes long range hunter bullet which is 175grains and using remington brass and imr 4895 and seating to the lands i'm getting 1/2 moa but i'm also maxing the load. So watch your pressure and signs on the brass. Also the federal match rifle primers. I'm using the lymans reloading manual. Every gun is different so experiment with multiple bullet weights and oal seating of the bullet in the case. Also the rifle twist of the barrel will also limit what weight bullet your gun will shoot well.
Thank's for the reply,I am shooting a Shilen Barrel with a 1 in 10 twist.

Back
Top Bottom