• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

308 SRP vs LRP

mwiggi

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
4   0
Reaction score
Those that reload .308 win, would you reccomend using large primers or small primers? I see Graf and Sons has some Peterson SRP 308 brass in stock currently, but I already have a ton of 308 LRP brass, but I've got some small rifle primers already. What would yall do? Buy the small rifle primer 308 brass or still try to find some large rifle primers? I'm in south Georgia and there doesn't seem to be as many south Georgia folks on here.

Also, what press would you recommend for loading 308 win , 6.5 creedmoor, and 243 win? What dies?

large primer is fine and can print just as accurate as small primer. I have both small and large in lapua. I mainly use the small primer brass for 7mm08 AI and .308 that shoots at the highest node as the small primer tends to handle pressure better. You can find mixed reviews on large and small all over bottom line they both shoot well use either as long as it’s lapua!

large primer is fine and can print just as accurate as small primer. I have both small and large in lapua. I mainly use the small primer brass for 7mm08 AI and .308 that shoots at the highest node as the small primer tends to handle pressure better. You can find mixed reviews on large and small all over bottom line they both shoot well use either as long as it’s lapua!
Single stage press like a rock chucker is fine, full length re size every time and only push shoulder back no more than .002”

For single stage presses the rock chucker is hard to beat. For a little more I would look for a forster co-ax. For a lot more. Prazi or area 419

Planning on reloading with a family member to learn and ordered a set of whidden dies. Going to use some LeHigh controlled chaos 175g for hunting and Hornady 155g BTHP for target practice.

Back
Top Bottom