Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Hills Gold

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Cor-Bon Performance Match

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing Better Than FGMM!

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
Yep, a combo. I bought a case of the FGMM 185grn Berger, and then was offered a second case that I bought. I’ve got the components to load a lot more.

What do you recommend for an M14? I have 168gr but heard 147gr is comparable. I read somewhere anything over 175gr causes damage to the operating rod.

What do you recommend for a M14? I have 168gr but heard 147gr is comparable. I read somewhere anything over 175gr causes damage to the operating rod.

For what type of shooting/distance?

The issue with the 147grn bullets is that all you’re gonna find is flat-base FMJ’s, which aren’t the best design when it comes to accuracy, plus the QC on them pills ain’t gonna be what companies are holding the 168grn BTHP/OTM bullets to.

For what type of shooting/distance?

The issue with the 147grn bullets is that all you’re gonna find is flat-base FMJ’s, which aren’t the best design when it comes to accuracy, plus the QC on them pills ain’t gonna be what companies are holding the 168grn BTHP/OTM bullets to.

800+

I’d like to push the limits but need the right ammo.

800+

I’d like to push the limits but need the right ammo.

For distances of 800yds+, I’d go with the 175’s. In my experience, 168grn bullets usually work, but 175grn bullets (and heavier) always work. This is assuming that you’re using bullets made for precision work.

Once in awhile I’ll get a student that doesn’t take my recommendation, and runs 168’s. I’ve had a few over the years where the bullet became completely unstable between 800-900yds.

Back
Top Bottom