• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

32 cal Smith & Wesson Need value advice

shadowman3861

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
195   0
Reaction score
123_1.jpeg
A friend of mine may trade into this but doesn't want it.
Really wants to know it's value before hand.
123_1.jpeg

Guess about $400. It looks to be in pretty good shape and it's a relatively rare 32 caliber which should be good for collectors.
The bad side is that it is fairly modern --I'm guessing that this is a 1960's to 1970s era gun. So the fact that it's not very old would offset the fact that it's in a less popular caliber.

If a person wanted to buy this to carry, they could do a lot better.
There's a darn good reason the 38 special has completely eclipsed the 32 Smith & Wesson long as a defensive round.

PS if I owned it, I'd probably carry it. With some buffalo bore hot loads. But I'm weird. Most knowledgeable gun guys would not choose a 32 caliber revolver for defense.

Guess about $400. It looks to be in pretty good shape and it's a relatively rare 32 caliber which should be good for collectors.
The bad side is that it is fairly modern --I'm guessing that this is a 1960's to 1970s era gun. So the fact that it's not very old would offset the fact that it's in a less popular caliber.

If a person wanted to buy this to carry, they could do a lot better.
There's a darn good reason the 38 special has completely eclipsed the 32 Smith & Wesson long as a defensive round.

PS if I owned it, I'd probably carry it. With some buffalo bore hot loads. But I'm weird. Most knowledgeable gun guys would not choose a 32 caliber revolver for defense.
That's 327 federal looked pretty sexy ballistically.

That's a pretty sharp looking model 30. They range in value from $300-$500 in good condition. I'd say that one is worth $350 at a minimum presuming it's in good mechanical condition and there's no pitting etc.

Carrying a .32 long is like carrying a .22. There's a fair, few folks that do so, you have to be cognizant of the limitations of the round and work around that. I've carried a 3" version on and off for a few years. It's accurate and reliable, which trumps any misguided emphasis on caliber. I don't know if you'd consider me knowledgeable or not. :) I have however, put a fair amount of work in actually testing what I carry, so it's not idle speculation.

.32 Long ammo runs about the same price as .38 Special ammo. Both can be reloaded, as a matter of fact the .32 is quite economical to reload with cast bullets. It's also a great caliber to work with folks that are recoil sensitive.

Back
Top Bottom