• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

327 Federal Magnum

hbrad3

Default rank <2000 posts
AWESOME!
41   0
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this caliber? I looked it up and it sounds like a fairly substantial round. I would like to hear what a few other people think.

My father-in-law has one. He likes it, we took it out once to try it out. It shot well, didn't have much kick. The only problem is finding the ammo. We went to GT and they had some, so did a place in Lawrenceville...I think it was Bullseye?

My father-in-law has one. He likes it, we took it out once to try it out. It shot well, didn't have much kick. The only problem is finding the ammo. We went to GT and they had some, so did a place in Lawrenceville...I think it was Bullseye?

That answers the next question. Sounds like ammo may not be readily available.

Ammo around here is usually 20 for the 85 grain hydra shok jhp, and bout 27 for the 50rds of jsp federal american eagle. I wnet into a "Gun Shop" and asked for some 327 ammo an he told me there was no such so I polietly left.

Ammo availability is an issue. Some places stock it, some do not.

At its hottest, it's similar to a .38+P+ or a mild .357 Mag, but with more velocity and a little less energy.

32 calibers have in the last 50 years or so had a tough time getting in traction in the the U.S. market, especially after introduction of the 38 Special and the .357 mag. They are perceived as being too small. The 32's like the 25 acp have also been long associated with cheaper pistols and revolvers too. I'll be surprised if becomes any more popular than the 32H&R Mag did.

I've had a lot of interest in this cartridge. I have a .32 Magnum pistol that is a joy to shoot. The idea of being able to shoot 4 seperate calibers from the same gun really intrigues me.

Wheeler

Back
Top Bottom