• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.356 9mm projectiles

Probably only loaded a Bazillian (+/- 17) .356 Barry's 115 FMJ. 1000% Good to Go!
I like the Berry's 115 hollow base. They just shoot good for me so that is all I order when I can get them. May have get into my lead stash and start casting again since I can't find them right now.

Rosewood

Yeah I know it’s supposed to be a no no, but these are working great in my 19. No appreciable fouling...a few shiny flecks come out when I give it a scrubbing but it isn’t building.
124 tumble lube tc. I can crank them out quickly with a 6 cavity.

Attachments

• 126A52B7-68CB-492E-8E4A-F1D031F0F828.jpeg
    126A52B7-68CB-492E-8E4A-F1D031F0F828.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 26
  • D2915543-D92F-444F-9B46-8EC7AE3E4814.jpeg
    D2915543-D92F-444F-9B46-8EC7AE3E4814.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 26
Yeah I know it’s supposed to be a no no, but these are working great in my 19. No appreciable fouling...a few shiny flecks come out when I give it a scrubbing but it isn’t building.
124 tumble lube tc. I can crank them out quickly with a 6 cavity.
You would be amazed at the effects of powder coating your cast bullets. No more sticky alox or smokey lubes and no oxidation to worry with

You would be amazed at the effects of powder coating your cast bullets. No more sticky alox or smokey lubes and no oxidation to worry with
I’ve thought about it off and on. My 9mm mold drops anywhere from .3572-.358
I size them them all. Does sizing rub the powder coat off with a second coat being needed.
Don’t really mind the smoke since I shoot outdoors, but the alox (even 45/45/10 recipie) does gum up a seater die after a while.

I size them them all. Does sizing rub the powder coat off with a second coat being needed.
Don’t really mind the smoke since I shoot outdoors, but the alox (even 45/45/10 recipie) does gum up a seater die after a while.
Sizing dont rub it off. I smash one or 2 from every batch I do to test the cure of the pc. It dont flake off.

Powder coating is a bit more work, but you can do it in less time because you don't have to let it dry overnight etc. Not to mention no mess from the lube.

The biggest time part is sitting the boolits up on the tray before you put in your toaster oven. Guess you don't have to do that, but I prefer any blemishes to be on the back end instead of the side of the bullet (from if they were laying down).

I shake in a cool whip container with the black air soft BBs with the selected color, pick them out with plastic gloves and stand up on the tray to put in the toaster oven preheated to 400. Guess I get maybe 200 on a tray, then stick in oven for 15 minutes. After they cool, I then run them through my Lee size die unlubed. Never had any paint come off or flake off. Good thing is, if your boolits are undersized, the powdercoating adds diameter which you can then size back to the diameter you want.

No smoke, no leading etc. Win, win. Many old time casters frown on the powder coating, but I have read several that once they switched to powder coating, they never looked back.

At this point, I only powder coat plain base boolits. For the gas checked molds, I am still using alox. Don't seem to have much benefit if you are gas checking them.

Also, I ordered some clear powder coat. Average Joe can't tell they are coated. I like it that way.

I have to say though, haven't casted in awhile. Got into it after the Sandy Hook ammo/bullet shortage. Got kind of lazy after supplies came back and things like 9mm were not really worth the time. Where I save the $$ was with heavies like for a 45-70 or 45 colt. Been kind of sitting on my lead stash lately and decided to keep it for emergencies which I haven't gotten to yet.

Rosewood

I've read where there are issues with poligonal riffling in Glocks and lead bullets causing leading. There are huge debates on this and im just going to park this discussion here.

You have quite a bit of reloading coming up with ur new LNL so you might as well research it and make your own decision.

I read that too. What I read and what I experienced didn’t match up in my glock.
alot of it has to do with how fast you push the bullet and how it is sized for your barrel. A loose bullet in the barrel will cause leading and can cause problems in any gun not just glocks. This is another reason I pc them.
Powder coating is a bit more work, but you can do it in less time because you don't have to let it dry overnight etc. Not to mention no mess from the lube.

The biggest time part is sitting the boolits up on the tray before you put in your toaster oven. Guess you don't have to do that, but I prefer any blemishes to be on the back end instead of the side of the bullet (from if they were laying down).

I shake in a cool whip container with the black air soft BBs with the selected color, pick them out with plastic gloves and stand up on the tray to put in the toaster oven preheated to 400. Guess I get maybe 200 on a tray, then stick in oven for 15 minutes. After they cool, I then run them through my Lee size die unlubed. Never had any paint come off or flake off. Good thing is, if your boolits are undersized, the powdercoating adds diameter which you can then size back to the diameter you want.

No smoke, no leading etc. Win, win. Many old time casters frown on the powder coating, but I have read several that once they switched to powder coating, they never looked back.

At this point, I only powder coat plain base boolits. For the gas checked molds, I am still using alox. Don't seem to have much benefit if you are gas checking them.

Also, I ordered some clear powder coat. Average Joe can't tell they are coated. I like it that way.

I have to say though, haven't casted in awhile. Got into it after the Sandy Hook ammo/bullet shortage. Got kind of lazy after supplies came back and things like 9mm were not really worth the time. Where I save the $$ was with heavies like for a 45-70 or 45 colt. Been kind of sitting on my lead stash lately and decided to keep it for emergencies which I haven't gotten to yet.

Rosewood
Ever try and stand up 223 :) it is a pita. I picked up a silicon mini ice cube tray stands them up with no falling over. Each tray holds 160. I can get 2 trays in my oven.

alot of it has to do with how fast you push the bullet and how it is sized for your barrel. A loose bullet in the barrel will cause leading and can cause problems in any gun not just glocks. This is another reason I pc them.

Ever try and stand up 223 :) it is a pita. I picked up a silicon mini ice cube tray stands them up with no falling over. Each tray holds 160. I can get 2 trays in my oven.
400 degrees doesn't melt the trays?

My .223 mold is gas checked, so haven't attempted powder coating yet.

Back
Top Bottom