• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

356 TSW?

Is this in the same category of the 9x21? I have found some brass for it and the dimensions look about the same. I don't find much but usually find some after a USPSA or Steel match.

Heck I was disappointed it was not 9x19 or something else I could have put to use, got a gun show in week may see if can work out a trade. I can only dream that they would go for what that site had them listed , call it bullet lottery LOL

9x21 is just a 9mm designed for compliance with certain county’s laws prohibiting the use of military (9x19) calibers by private citizens. The 9x21 typically has the same overall length as a 9x19. The brass is 2mm longer but the bullets are seated 2mm deeper. They have the same velosity but cannot chamber in a 9x19 military weapon.

Some people have rechambered 9x19 barrels to 9x21 to enable them to load a longer cartridge that will hold more powder and will cycle more smoothly in a 1911. But, the gun makers have gotten pretty good at making a 9x19 run in a 1911. So, historically, it had some purpose but now it is largely not needed.

Looking to trade for some "usable" range ammo 9x19 115gr or something to spice up a Glock , threaded barrel ,mags, compensator etc.

An update on the 356 TSW Glock 17 & Glock 19 Briley barrel conversion kits, Corbon 115 grain JHP and Underwood 115 grain JHP: during testing in June 2020 Corbon averaged about 1612 fps from the Glock 17 conversion kit and about 1569 fps from the Glock 19 conversion kit. Underwood averaged about 1570 fps from the Glock 17 conversion kit and about 1540 fps from the Glock 19 conversion kit. Accuracy and feeding were good, no anomalies were observed. Starline makes strong brass, Corbon and Underwood load great ammo, ISMI springs and LWD guide rods are first rate, and the Briley barrels are top notch. Glocks are....Glocks, and with 356 TSW they are that much better.

Ammo is available through Ammoseek, Corbon, Underwood, Selway, Midway.

356 TSW Glock conversion kits are available on Gunbroker.

Look for others to catch up at some point with even more options (Apex/Hornady)?

Back
Top Bottom