• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

357 Coonan

james357

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
370   0
Reaction score
I have owned 2 357 Coonans.
Just wanted to share a problem I had with both guns.

Each time I fired 3 mags the barrels stuck open on the third mag. The barrel expanded and would not close until the guns cooled down. This happen 2 times with my first gun. 1996.
Got another in 2005. Same happened. I shot at ranges that had no rapid fire. Even though the barrel should not expand with 20 rounds and hold the slide back. I took cool water to close the gun. If you have a Coonan 357 see if this is a problem shooting 3 mags at 1 second intervals. I like the guns accuracy. But when the slide stays open after 21 or 25 rounds it is frustrating. I paid in the 600 range and see they are selling again for 1500.00. Never seen one as a range gun.oh well done here. Hope this information helps someone avoid a problem.

357 Coonanahanabowbananna for sale auto cool down feature you won't hurt this gun my overheating it at the range .. very tight tolerances best tolerances in the business you won't be disappointed.......( Until you get to the fourth mag leave this fact out) love gun but looking for ( fill in the blank) hate to sale but I have my eye on ( fill in the blank) there I've done the work for you sale sale sale.but not on Odt we will put the hate on you ...lol

Back
Top Bottom