357 revolver for shtf?

timbgtm

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Bigr hamr
Staff member
Super Moderator
137   0
Reaction score
I found this article interesting and I'm rethinking my shtf scenario. I've always been under the impression revolver's were more, most reliable type handguns . But what if one breaks, parts available? Skill's to repair revolver's takes on a whole new meaning! Repairing revolver's to today's modern poly guns is a no brainier! Plus availability of 357 Magnum ammo is another issue compared to 9mm, or 40 s&w which is much more popular ammo people have around. Also I liked the writer's points about running into a bear with only the 357 revolver, it's better than nothing. What do you guys think about having today's modern poly striker fired handguns versus a revolver?

http://newsletter.alloutdoor.com/link.php?M=431407&N=502&L=91146&F=H

Just stay away from Rossi and Taurus and you'll be fine when was the last time you had a Ruger or a Smith Revolver break on you

Quality of the weapons would definitely come into play, IF you were in a end of the world scenario, cleaning would be a issue. Which would be more likely to survive without maintenance, revolver's, or striker fired?

Back
Top Bottom