• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

357 should've went boom!!!

RiverBend

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Proud Southern, Christian
362   0
Reaction score
A co-worker 4 yrs ago came to me about his SW 357, said he couldn't hit anything he couldn't get it open to reload it. I was working at a DOD contract company and had access to X Ray, so at lunch I shot that puppy and about had a duck when the film developed. He had not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, but 5 full power 357mag bullets stuck n the barrel. The last one was half way between the cylinder and forcing cone, thus it wouldn't open. I took a fine cable, (space shuttle leftover stock) really fine, and sawed thru the bullet allowing me to open the cylinder.
Needless to say I ordered a new barrel since extracting the jacketed HP's wasn't an option and the local PD, friends as a previous employer, wanted it to hang on their wall of shame, with a copy of the film.
This was one lucky dumbass SOB, s nerd, that never shoots, and never should again.
38 357.jpg

Reminds me of the thread awhile back on the hi point 995 carbine with 35 bullets lodged in the barrel.
View attachment 2218384
Owner had sent it in to hi point complaining of poor accuracy.

how do you get 35 bullets down the rabbit hole before your start to realize something ain't jiving right?

Back
Top Bottom