• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.357SIG: What’s the point of this cartridge?

That one made me laugh, also! This thread has me cracking up all over the place.

I’ve met Ric Flair twice, both while on “the job”. First time was in LAX, and very recently on a flight headed to Atlanta. First time I saw him, I got an autograph for my brother.....he’s a HUGE wrasslin’ fan.

Are you literally stating all 65k HK’s went to ICE... That’d mean everyone and their extended family got an HK in ICE c’mon man common sense must be something missing here! Someone keeps crying to admin and post are being taken down.. Geee, or better said since it seems to be a joke “Dang it Bobby” I wonder who keeps whining! Anyhow anyone who wants to do the research can come to their own conclusion.

It’s easily possible that all of those guns stayed with ICE. ICE is a sort of umbrella, under the larger umbrella of DHS. I guarantee the HK P2000 .40S&W’s went to Border Patrol.....that’s about the time they went to those. Border Patrol is part of ICE and numbers 19,437 armed agents at last count.

The agencies that were either moved entirely or merged in part into ICE included the criminal investigative and intelligence resources of the United States Customs Service, the criminal investigative, detention and deportation resources of the Immigration and Naturalization Service, and the Federal Protective Service. Also, ICE maintains attachés at major US diplomatic missions overseas.

On top of all the agents that have to be issued a handgun, agencies have to keep a reserve of spare weapons on hand. If something were to happen to an issued handgun where it could not be immediately fixed at the field office level, the agent would be issued a spare weapon until their original weapon could be repaired or replaced.

All told, those numbers could very easily equal 65,000.

Next?

@BobbyBlaze

Agents do not leave the Federal government and just happen to take their weapon with them. When I was the Lead Firearms Instructor and Armorer for the Atlanta Field Office of the FAMS, one of my duties was to collect up a FAM’s equipment when they retired, quit, or were fired. I had a list of everything each FAM was issued, but the only items I was really concerned about were his firearm, credentials, and both badges. The list includes the serial number of the issued weapon. Do you really think we would let someone leave and keep their firearm? We also conduct regular inventories and audits that would catch a missing firearm like that.

Even if someone were to somehow leave with their issued firearm, that firearm is now stolen from the US government. If that thief were to sell that firearm to an unsuspecting civilian, that civilian is now in possession of stolen property. At a minimum, the firearm would be taken away from him. If he were then charged, one of the charges would be a variation of Theft by Possession or Receiving.

A fact that cannot be refuted, however, is that your HK USP Compact .357SIG was never purchased by the Federal Air Marshal Service. It was never purchased by another agency and then carried by a FAM as a duty weapon.

You also stated that the Glock 32 was issued by the FAMS. Care to “prove” that?

Come to one of my classes, or a range where I’m at, and you’re welcome to shoot mine. After all, you helped pay for the gun, the ammo, and my initial training with it.

Well from the knowledge displayed in this thread I think it was money well spent.
Now if we could just get you to start collecting those issued HKs from outgoing Marshals.

Back
Top Bottom