• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.357SIG: What’s the point of this cartridge?

The only problem I see with FMJ's would be if the FAM has to shoot at the bad guy who is between him or her and the cockpit. Super penetrating rounds heading toward the only people who can land the airplane. A little armor plating behind the cockpit might be in order...

Cockpit door is reinforced and “bullet proof”. One of the mandated changes after 9-11. Plus, there’s at least two of them in there......only takes one to land, so they’ve got a spare.

What I’m saying is that if you use a highly frangible round, it will be stopped by some forms of cover that a bonded core HP would not be.

I’m less worried about through-and-through shots than I am by a round that won’t penetrate sufficiently.

There are levels of cover. Cover is whatever will stop the round that the other guy is using, not what will stop EVERYTHING. If I’m in a fight with a guy with a handgun or shotgun, I would use objects for cover that I wouldn’t use if the other guy had an M4 or AK. It’s still cover.
I understand, and am just discussing the merits. I wanted to see why the FAMs stayed with the round and came across that other article about the hearing. I’m not espousing any particular option, just expanding my limited knowledge.

I’ve been in government service long enough to know that isn’t the case every time.
Yes me also more do to bottom line than anything plus regarding handguns some folks just can’t shoot. It pissed me off when qualify each year with handgun especially when weather nasty cold raining having stand on firing while somebody had try re qualify or after went glock semi autos somebody having malfunction do to limp wrist the weapon.

Yes me also more do to bottom line than anything plus regarding handguns some folks just can’t shoot. It pissed me off when qualify each year with handgun especially when weather nasty cold raining having stand on firing while somebody had try re qualify or after went glock semi autos somebody having malfunction do to limp wrist the weapon.

Trying to read that gave me a twitch.

Cockpit door is reinforced and “bullet proof”. One of the mandated changes after 9-11. Plus, there’s at least two of them in there......only takes one to land, so they’ve got a spare.

Good to know the pilots are better protected; I always thought that was something that should be done. Thanks for the info.

Passenger cabin windows will not stop .357SIG.

8946BE13-8815-4693-B14D-8F4609553CB4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom