• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.357SIG: What’s the point of this cartridge?

I think if I were going to introduce a new to me cartridge it would be the 10mm. But at some point in your life you just have to say when.....
I understand completely and miss some of the guns I swapped, every now & then. I started buying 10mm ammo long before I ever owned a host lol. I won’t mention which (not looking for trouble with anyone haha) , but I did away with 5 calibers after shooting my first 2 10mm’s (Rock Island Ultra , and a G29 that my daughter has since confiscated) .I was honestly running out of gun/ammo space….no bragging/small room.

Why gamble , carry the 10mm it will do anything 9 and 357 sig will dream of doing and then some.
I like these for self defense. Civil Defense.
6093ADF4-9779-4813-9A1D-3798B9FBD666.jpeg

I like the extra speed and energy out of the 357 sig. My most likely self defense scenario is against a 4 legged creature deep in the woods. I like the extra oomph and strength of bonded bullets should i need to get through the skull of a hog, dog, or bear.

If I lived out west and spent time hiking in remote areas, 357 Sig would be the minimum I would carry. I’d probably still carry the Sig because of the limitations of conceal-ability capacity and recoil of 10mm, 357 magnum, 44 magnum or larger handguns. 10mm and 357 Sig are good options for areas with big cats and big bears.

Everything is a compromise right? Since we can’t carry a 7.62 belt fed MG everywhere we go, we make compromises for safety, conceal-ability comfort, capacity. I like the compromise of the 357 Sig. It’s the hardest hitting round that I can comfortably shoot and conceal well.

In a self defense situation against 2 footed predators, I like the 357 sigs performance through auto-glass and car doors should the need arise.

I occasionally load 90 grain Leigh defense and 90 grain hornady xtp’s in 357 sig. Can safely push them into the 1600+ fps neighborhood and they are absolute BOMBS! water filled pumpkins completely vaporize. I love 10mm and 9mm and dont discriminate much with cartridges as I love most of them however the 357 sig with 90 grainers is a lot easier to carry than my 10mm setups and I’d trust it just as well on any circumstance I can think of. They are also same point of aim at 10 or 100 yards which is also good fun on the range!

Back
Top Bottom