365 hp......

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
... and it's a Kia?!?!

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a13819415/kia-stinger-gt-by-the-numbers/

It's amazing to me how the other Asian mfgs seem to have sat on their laurels while Hyundai/Genesis/Kia continue to erode theirs and others' market share. Why Toyota doesn't make a sports car, much less a sports sedan baffles me Nissans Maxima seems to always flounder. Mazda? Never even dipped their toe in the market. So much for 'zoom zoom'. Honda? ditto. And of ALL companies you'd think they'd be all over it. I suppose they are content to default to Acura. Perhaps the market isn't big enough but given how it seems to be the bread and butter for BMW, Audi, etc... wouldn't seem to hold water. I suspect the Korean mfgs will continue to become bigger and bigger while the others continue to wonder why. Good for them.

Did you forget the Toyota Supra, which is being reintroduced this year? Nissan Skyline? Mazda RX-7?
I'm trying to remember all the cars from Fast and Furious. LOL

Give me an American V-8 anyday though!!
I'm talking about Sports SEDANS. :)
I had an '83 Supra. I LOVED that car. They brought up to snuff a bone stock one on Wheeler Dealers the other day that was the same color as the one I had. Guy drove (or flew) from Florida to California to buy it. Man, what I wouldn't give to find one like that. Most have been beat and modified, especially the turbos. The new one is going to be a completely different animal and I suspect priced well above the market it used to serve. But again... not a sedan.
I had a Maxima. Great car but the last new one I sat it felt VERY cheap.

... and it's a Kia?!?!

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a13819415/kia-stinger-gt-by-the-numbers/

It's amazing to me how the other Asian mfgs seem to have sat on their laurels while Hyundai/Genesis/Kia continue to erode theirs and others' market share. Why Toyota doesn't make a sports car, much less a sports sedan baffles me Nissans Maxima seems to always flounder. Mazda? Never even dipped their toe in the market. So much for 'zoom zoom'. Honda? ditto. And of ALL companies you'd think they'd be all over it. I suppose they are content to default to Acura. Perhaps the market isn't big enough but given how it seems to be the bread and butter for BMW, Audi, etc... wouldn't seem to hold water. I suspect the Korean mfgs will continue to become bigger and bigger while the others continue to wonder why. Good for them.

they have all made sports cars just not a ton in recent years, the main reason for this though is sports cars in general have been on a decline and are just now starting to gain in popularity. While i agree kia and hyundai have made huge jumps (i would have never touched a hyundai until the genesis) the others still shouldnt be counted out.

Honda - while not making a ton right now they are making good things under the acura name, the nsx is the new crown jewel.

Toyota- are working out a new supra and have been selling the gt86/scion fr-s like hot cakes, also have tons of interesting things under the lexus line up

nissian - has tons of good options, 370z and gtr under their name, tons of cool stuff under the infinity name (q60 and all that)

Mazda - the company that truly gets sports cars, has made countless dollars off the maita, the best selling "sports" car in history. and are also currently working on a new rotary car that will most likely be a madmans dream. Also in talks of bringing back the mazdapseed line

then there is also always subaru and if your looking for a real sport sedan then there is no other place to look

Toyota fills this niche with its Lexus sport sedans.

Nissan ===》Infiniti

Honda ===》Acura

Mazda failed its attempt at a Luxury brand with the Millenia, but marketed it's MazdaSpeed variants for a while. Not sure if they still do.

Back
Top Bottom