• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

365XL odt thoughts/reviews? Worth switching to?

sheep dog

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
270   0
Reaction score
As title says...thoughts on the XL? I’m a Glock guy but been eye balling the XL. Had a standard 365. Is it about the same or improvement?

As title says...thoughts on the XL? I’m a Glock guy but been eye balling the XL. Had a standard 365. Is it about the same or improvement?
I shoot the P365XL + Romeo Zero much better than the regular 365. Not sure why exactly. And even without the Romeo Zero, it's still a great shooter.

I shoot the P365XL + Romeo Zero much better than the regular 365. Not sure why exactly. And even without the Romeo Zero, it's still a great shooter.
Same here. Even with the 12 round extensions on the 365 I still shoot the XL better. I changed out my grip module for a laser stippled one and it really made it even better for my sweaty hands shooting multiple strings.

IMG_1644.jpg

I'm going to change out the R0 when the Holosun 507K finally gets in stock. I've had my R0 lose zero from a drop (in the holster and did not land on the sight) recently. It was off by a good 10 inches at 30 feet. I can't trust a sight that gets off by that much with a single drop. It was a hard fall from about 3 feet onto concrete but my RMR's and 508T could take that hit no problem.

How’s it shoot compared to say a g19? Have not shot the xl yet. Can’t find one in stores or on odt. Can ya do follow up shots as fast or is it more jumpy and what not

How’s it shoot compared to say a g19? Have not shot the xl yet. Can’t find one in stores or on odt. Can ya do follow up shots as fast or is it more jumpy and what not
I take both to the range weekly and shoot them back to back. Same drills to measure my proficiency with both. I shoot my 19 a little more accurately and slightly faster overall but as with all smaller pistols you just have to work a little harder to ensure similar results to the larger pistols.

You'll have no issues shooting it well and mag changes will be easier since the grip module is full length verses having part of the mag as the grip.

Grip is definitely different of course. The Sig points more naturally for me. And there's a better trigger in the Sig for sure over a stock Glock trigger, but then again in my G19 I installed a SSVI TYR trigger. :becky: Follow up shots don't seem to be an issue, but I'm going to try using the P365XL in comp matches when they open up again instead of the Glock. So we'll see how it goes.

Ive handled one several times...never shot one though,other than a few dry fires.The ones I handled came as a package with the Romeo mounted and I must say,it felt nice.....REAL NICE!!!So much so that when handeling my Glock 19 on the way home,it felt clunky....dated....Even though Ive not shot a 365 XL,Ive owned quite a few pistols over the years and have a good bit of experience and can sense the 365XL would be a good shooter.Loved the trigger...ergonomics...and overall handeling of it.Dot sat rock steady, until the moment the striker fired.Felt much better than the smaller 365.Id say get it....Im positive its a great gun.

Back
Top Bottom