• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

375 Winchester

In my Big Bore, I reuse 375 brass about 5 times before it starts to split at the case mouth. It is the wear and tear of flaring the case mouth and the crimp that causes the splits. If I set the Lee Factory Crimp die for a very light crimp, the brass will last longer.

I have settled on a Gas Checked Cast bullet from MattsBullets. They are accurate enough out to 100yards. I use about any powder from TrailBoss to 2400 and load them from 1200 to 1800 fps. Trail Boss, Universal Clays, 800X, Blue Dot and 2400 have all been accurate.

For FMJ bullets, Reloader #7 has worked very well for full power loads—accuracy is as good as it gets in this iron sighted gun.

In my Big Bore, I reuse 375 brass about 5 times before it starts to split at the case mouth. It is the wear and tear of flaring the case mouth and the crimp that causes the splits. If I set the Lee Factory Crimp die for a very light crimp, the brass will last longer.

I have settled on a Gas Checked Cast bullet from MattsBullets. They are accurate enough out to 100yards. I use about any powder from TrailBoss to 2400 and load them from 1200 to 1800 fps. Trail Boss, Universal Clays, 800X, Blue Dot and 2400 have all been accurate.

For FMJ bullets, Reloader #7 has worked very well for full power loads—accuracy is as good as it gets in this iron sighted gun.
If you set you resizing die just deep enough to resize the brass so it still chambers, you get more life also. Many of the dies size the brass smaller than needed for a given firearm. I even read on the Lee webpage about not fully resizing the brass for a 38-55, especially with cast boolits.

Rosewood

Back
Top Bottom