• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

380 vs 9mm meat an rib test :)

Be proficient with all your guns!!! Cause you never know which one you may have on you when you need it.
Shot placement is the key but as mentioned in a stressful situation that probably goes out the door!

9mms are so small now, they are only slightly bigger than 380. Even 40,45 have almost shrunk to micro size. other than recoil sensitive people, I see no reason to carry 380. I can pocket carry 9mm and 38+p just as easy as 380 and even have room for a good shooting grip.

9mms are so small now, they are only slightly bigger than 380. Even 40,45 have almost shrunk to micro size. other than recoil sensitive people, I see no reason to carry 380. I can pocket carry 9mm and 38+p just as easy as 380 and even have room for a good shooting grip.

Good point. Keep in mind that those larger caliber micro or near micro guns have barrel lengths that don't allow a full burn of the powder. What you end up with slow moving heavy projectile that will penetrate less and possibly (most likely) fail to expand.

Good point. Keep in mind that those larger caliber micro or near micro guns have barrel lengths that don't allow a full burn of the powder. What you end up with slow moving heavy projectile that will penetrate less and possibly (most likely) fail to expand.

I picked up some short barrel ammo. Not sure how much of a difference that makes. A site called "Ballistics by the Inch" is pretty interesting. If its accurate, 9mm seems pretty good out of a short barrel.

That guy gets on my nerves at times, too high strung lol. I like tnoutdoors videos on youtube. He test just about every bullet out there. He is very thorough and to be fare he test all ammo the same.

Back
Top Bottom