• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.380 vs 9x18 MAK

cr107

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
167   0
Reaction score
While we are on the topic of .308 as a self defense round. how does the 9x18MAK cartridge for the CZ82, stack up against the .308ACp round. Are they the same?

IM looking at getting a CZ82, for my first handgun.

Ballistics wise they are about as close as they could be. Not interchangeable though. My first handgun was a Makarov PM. It's the only gun I've held on to.

Just what i figured, and I knew they werent the same, but close (as far as ballistics)

Thanks!

I like the round, It has a bit more umph than a 380 and it's a lot cheaper if you shop around. I currently have 3 guns in the round, CZ82 included. I think the CZ82 is one of the best feeling handguns around and a heck of a deal

Last edited:
nope, not hard to find. Pm sent with links. I've got a box of +P, if it's really +P is to be determined. but I usually carry some steel cored chicom stuff when I carry 9x18

9X19 = Luger
9X18 = Makarov
9X17 = Kurz = 9MM Short = .380 ACP

Guy offered me a Browning 1910 for $115 a couple of years ago. Said a smith told him it was a .32, and that was all it was worth. You could see in the pics he sent it was a 9MM Kurz, and looked brand new. I was going out of town that day and told him I wanted to see it as soon as I got back. He sold it while I was gone. Dang, still hurts to this day.

Last edited:
I would love to have a Mak. What do these run price wise? I was fondling one at Pawn Shop and dude was asking $380 for it which seemed about $150 to high.

Back
Top Bottom