• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

3d printing?

Buy a prusa mk3s. You will thank me after you watch your friends make parts "almost as good as your prusa"

I have an ender 3, good machine, get a bltouch for auto leveling if you're slicing fine, and you're good to go. Happily printed PLA PETG, now use it for flexible mostly, and a PLSUN QQ-S for general as a delta printer is quite a bit faster.

Upgraded stepper drivers are cheap if you want to quite it down, but worth buying if offered as part of the hardware.

In my opinion, mastering the slicer settings and design software is as important as the machine when it comes to the quality of the prints.

Modelling software's important if you want to do something other than print other peoples designs.

What’s a realistic investment to get started printing? I’d like to make some small pieces for some scale modeling projects but still be able to print larger pieces. Can this be done from an iPad? I’m not very technical but I’m learning, lol.

I'm interested in this as well. Except I'm basically brain dead when it comes to computers.

I've been paying big bucks for parts to upgrade my models.

Depending on your aspirations, you only need to buy the printer and filament. Ender 3 route, you're talking < $300.

These are amazing devices.

Son printed a schrader valve adapter on the Ender. I had no idea it could do threads...he pulled the design from online.

The other day he designed and printed a bushing for one of his other bikes - I think for a suspension component. Either way, it's great to see him using his creativity to make something he needs vs ordering it online.

These are amazing devices.

Son printed a schrader valve adapter on the Ender. I had no idea it could do threads...he pulled the design from online.

The other day he designed and printed a bushing for one of his other bikes - I think for a suspension component. Either way, it's great to see him using his creativity to make something he needs vs ordering it online.
it is only moving forward. Good stuff

Back
Top Bottom