• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

3d printing?

Cube, how’s it look?
2F0C0384-45B4-4EF5-B1BF-2006C9142630.jpeg

That does look really good man! If you are having a specific concern with a specific area see if you can get a close up to post. I find the culprits of bed prints usually are in this order:

- bed leveling or bed first layer adhesion
- slicer settings
- bad roll of filament.

The glue is helping out tons with adhesion. Any other good websites for files other than Thingyverse? You ever see files for WW2 related stuff - model tanks, boats, etc..?

Purple glue stick is your friend! In the fall when target and walmart get in school supplies, keep an eye out for when they close out those supplies to make room for Christmas stuff. Just about every fall I find it marked down, you can get 3 packs for 30-50 cents. When you find it grab a bunch, it lasts for years. I only use 2-3 sticks in a year but usually I buy 12-15 as I end up sending it to a couple buddies for 3d printing use.

Oh , as for wwii specific models there are quite a few good quality on cults3d but most on that site charge you to download. They have a filter you can turn on to show only the free downloads.....that helps.

I'm interested in seeing some of the finished products. I do 3d laser scanning for a living and I'm familiar with 3d modeling.

I've been discussing with the wife about buying a 3d printer, but have not done much research at all. I'm wanting to be able to print items that are at least 7x7 inches.

Back
Top Bottom