• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

3rd annual trout stream meet and greet

They started stocking early this year so you should have some luck!

They where short striking spinners like crazy. Rising also, but couldn't get em to look at anything on my fly rod. My eno rain fly proved it's worth again last night though lol, stormed like crazy.

I knew I should of stopped for some red wigglers lol. I never get skunked when I have them.

my dad went up there monday, he caught a ton right there on the toccoa below the entrance to rock creek (where the stocking tube is lol). not small stockers either, like 12-14 inchers. hit that hole and a few others below it and said he wore em out on a black panther martin with a gold spinner. im gonna have to stop at that spot next time i go up there lol.

hikingthehills hikingthehills - Don't forget to plant the bug in your Dad's head to save us a camp site. We can't make it up until Friday morning. Let him know the same deal as last year, I'll pay him for however many nights he had to keep the site for me. (Last year I think it was just one night...). My son and grand-son are going with me and Linda this year, we're gonna have a ball!!! We can't wait!

my dad went up there monday, he caught a ton right there on the toccoa below the entrance to rock creek (where the stocking tube is lol). not small stockers either, like 12-14 inchers. hit that hole and a few others below it and said he wore em out on a black panther martin with a gold spinner. im gonna have to stop at that spot next time i go up there lol.

militaryrednek militaryrednek
Just down the road is Deep Hole Recreation Area, it's a small campground like Frank Gross on Rock Creek. I tried to get some red wigglers from the store in Sucches, but they were out, so I got some night crawlers. It's a good thing I did! The fish at that place were HUGE! I'm sure it was the heaviest stringer of trout I ever had in my life. I think the smallest fish I had was 14", most were 16". Let your Dad know about that place too. Water was moving fast there and the fish were holding in the deep hole, I needed a heavy split shot with that night crawler to get down to the fish.

militaryrednek militaryrednek
Just down the road is Deep Hole Recreation Area, it's a small campground like Frank Gross on Rock Creek. I tried to get some red wigglers from the store in Sucches, but they were out, so I got some night crawlers. It's a good thing I did! The fish at that place were HUGE! I'm sure it was the heaviest stringer of trout I ever had in my life. I think the smallest fish I had was 14", most were 16". Let your Dad know about that place too. Water was moving fast there and the fish were holding in the deep hole, I needed a heavy split shot with that night crawler to get down to the fish.

nice!! ya every time ive tried to go fish back in that deep hole place its always been crowded lol. im gonna try to get back up there on a thursday/friday here sometime in the next couple weeks and try fish those spots (i hate fishing in a crowd lol)

hikingthehills hikingthehills - Don't forget to plant the bug in your Dad's head to save us a camp site. We can't make it up until Friday morning. Let him know the same deal as last year, I'll pay him for however many nights he had to keep the site for me. (Last year I think it was just one night...). My son and grand-son are going with me and Linda this year, we're gonna have a ball!!! We can't wait!
I'll do it, I think we're heading up Thursday night.

Back
Top Bottom