• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

4/13 Hunt

Yesterday opened the ft door and their was a full grown Hen walking not 20ft away..I tried to get the cell to take a pic, but the minute she saw me she ran into the woods...Never had one that close to the house..Every where else. Good luck today!

Yesterday opened the ft door and their was a full grown Hen walking not 20ft away..I tried to get the cell to take a pic, but the minute she saw me she ran into the woods...Never had one that close to the house..Every where else. Good luck today!
I had one out sunning in my backyard this morning at 9:30. She was hanging in the sunlight, puffed up in almost half strut picking through her feathers drying off. She just loafed around for a good half hour sunning and feeding from the yard to the in-laws field next door. Saw her two evenings ago too working the same line for about 2 hours until dark. I believe she is nesting somewhere on the property. They will be out somewhere, probably in low fields, clear cuts, or wide open hardwoods. Don’t expect to hear much through this wind though.

Back
Top Bottom