• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

4-40 Tap and drill mag release thread

Walter P

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
4   0
Reaction score
I would like to get my mag release button drilled and threaded in 4-40 to add an oversized button. Do you know an affordable gunsmith to do the job in the Alpharetta area? Thanks

I'm not a gunsmith by a long shot, but I believe I can help with that. I am in Suwanee. If I can help give me a call. I would like to know a little more. Leave a message if I don't answer. I don't always answer unknown numbers.
cell # 404-561-7523
Thanks, Ronnie

Hi Ronnie, I have a Rock Islnd Armory 2011 in 10mm. I’ve read other guys in forums try to do this drill and just waste a bunch of bids without luck. It seems as if the material is really hard. Are you sure this is something you can do? If it’s that hard to drill... threading it will not be any easier. Thanks for the message and good intention! Merry Christmas!

Most of those are for single stack only. I already bought a dawson precision one for double stack after watching some youtube videos were they tried the successfully on a Rock Island, but reality wasn’t as shown on YouTube... believe me... I have tried to go for the spare replacement part to make everything easier, but it seems as if it doesn’t exist for Rock Islands at least

That is unfortunate. I apologize for not reading your post more closely. I assumed you were shooting a single stack.

Back
Top Bottom