• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

4 ars including colt, bushmaster, sig and "windam weapontry" in stock newnan walmart

I don't think they are seconds at Walmart. I think it's the way the people handle the merchandise...like they don't care. I've noticed electronics from Walmart do not last.

No proof but it would not surprise me. I know it is done with lawn mowers, John Deere being one. You can go to Lowes to get a JD, but you wont find the same models at a JD dealer.The ones made for places like Lowes are not the same quality, lower. For the ppl that can afford a JD, they have the dealers, those that cant afford one, get one from Lowes. Its a JD but has diff motor, thinner decks, etc.

There is truth to this. Also why they sell ammo at lower prices than other stores. The ammo is factory seconds or similar.

How much truth is there in the rumor of Walmart firearms being seconds? On some guns, I've noticed that fit and finish don't seem to be as good as the f&f on guns carried by gun shops.
Does anyone know the truth about the firearms sold at Walmart?

The prices on all of the above guns, is VERY much on par with local dealers. There is NO difference, in quality, between Walmart and LGS.

However, I would not purchase one from Walmart, I would support the LGS for the same amount of money.

Wydham $799 @ Cherokee
Bushmaster $899 @ Forsyth

JMHO,
Rich

Last edited:
They are not factory seconds at Walmart. They sell stuff cheaper than everyone else because of the amount of product they move. They purchase such huge quantities of products from manufacturers that they get better deals than everyone else.

Agreed, this is more than likely the case.
hence, unsubstantiated rumor ;)

I personally would have no problem buying one new in the box.
I would be VERY leery about taking a floor model/display. Don't know whose messed with it, with an unqualified salesperson supervising them.

Back
Top Bottom