• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

4 Million spent on dog restrooms. WTF it gets even better read the last line

And Atlanta has its priorities. their Police Officers are paid much less than the smaller Alpharetta PD, Both deserving even more, Who you gonna call, Doggie doo,

I'd say the $4m is a long-term savings to them vs paying people to clean up crap and piss everyday and pissing off other people walking by and/or slipping in it (it's happened). Yes I know the airport receives subsidies in one way or another, but there's no arguing the amount of revenue and economic good that airport brings to the city. Also, considering that Hartsfield brings in over $350m a year in parking revenue alone (they are going to double the parking capacity of the decks too), this is a drop in the bucket. Many veterans travel through ATL and have support animals, so this could be looked at as a plus for them. More than anything though, this is a marketing cost, and an opportunity for them to brag that we have things other airports don't.

You got 200 different laws now saying practically anyone can have a service animal that businesses can't discriminate against. So yeah, they pretty much have to accommodate and all consumers will pay the price.

Love my "service cat" that my wife rescued. He is such a pain that I look good in comparison. Can't count how many times I've heard "know what YOUR cat did today."

Attachments

• 20180418_200837.jpg
    20180418_200837.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom