• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

40,000 rounds and counting.

Good to go. No reason why a maintained quality handgun can't go that long.

My first issued P229 went approximately 40,000rds with routine maintenance and scheduled spring replacements. No broken parts or issues.

My second issued P229 went approximately 40,000rds with routine maintenance and scheduled spring replacements. The decocking lever spring broke. Gun still ran fine, I just couldn't decock it. Nothing that would bother me in a gunfight.

My third issued P229 went approximately 40,000rds with routine maintenance and scheduled spring replacements. No broken parts or issues.

My fourth issued P229 went approximately 40,000rds with routine maintenance and scheduled spring replacements. The extractor broke. This is the worst issue I've ever had in an issued P229, as this stopped the gun cold.

Currently on my fifth issued P229. I have had no issues with it as of yet, approximately 6,000rds fired. SIG Armorers are currently replacing the firing pin positioning pin in a preventative maintenance program.

Good to go. No reason why a maintained quality handgun can't go that long.

My first issued P229 went approximately 40,000rds with routine maintenance and scheduled spring replacements. No broken parts or issues.

My second issued P229 went approximately 40,000rds with routine maintenance and scheduled spring replacements. The decocking lever spring broke. Gun still ran fine, I just couldn't decock it. Nothing that would bother me in a gunfight.

My third issued P229 went approximately 40,000rds with routine maintenance and scheduled spring replacements. No broken parts or issues.

My fourth issued P229 went approximately 40,000rds with routine maintenance and scheduled spring replacements. The extractor broke. This is the worst issue I've ever had in an issued P229, as this stopped the gun cold.

Currently on my fifth issued P229. I have had no issues with it as of yet, approximately 6,000rds fired. SIG Armorers are currently replacing the firing pin positioning pin in a preventative maintenance program.

The p229 is a fine weapon no doubt. We're all of these in .357?

https://self-defense-handguns.com/?page_id=2029

40000-Rounds-1.jpg

And this is why I own a couple Glocks. They are not my favorite at anything, but they are good at everything and pretty dang reliable. For around $500 retail they're as good as anything, IMO, for what they are made to do.

Almost 150k rounds of 357 Sig. There are some benefits to being a government employee!

I think it's impressive that the guns are going through 40k rounds of .357 Sig with very little to no problems. Mostly no problems.The .357 round is more harsh on a gun than 9mm. Of course it's a Sig, so there's that...I'm not surprised, but there are popular guns out there that I don't think would do so well. I may be wrong.

That would be 166,000 rounds total in the p229's

Almost 150k rounds of 357 Sig. There are some benefits to being a government employee!

That ain't counting spare guns and other folks' P229's I shoot, plus I had a personal P239, P229, and P226 in .357SIG. I'm probably approaching 250,000rds tired of .357SIG, all out of P229/P239/P226.

Back
Top Bottom